Is the attached Tribunal case a punish or a pardon?

Punish 5,813 83.89%
Pardon 820 11.83%
Not enough information/context to make a decision 296 4.27%
Voters: 6929. You may not vote on this poll

Public Tribunal Case (NSFW Language)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2grit

06-20-2012

I can understand the flaming for your teammate feeding, but when you call him a **** sucking ******, you went to far.

Scythul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I believe that there is never any excuse for this kind of behavior. It doesn't matter what your team or the enemy team does. You control yourself and report them at the end of the game. Otherwise, you deserve to be banned from this game just as much as the people who raged/trolled at you.

NocturnalPredato

06-20-2012

Ok I am back lemme just add a few things of my leisure.

Game 1

This was honestly the most torturous game of my life, I was in a game with a premade of 4 YES FOUR, they were harassing me constantly throughout the game, I was getting more mad then I had ever been in my life, and I had thrown out some pretty harsh insults, now seeing them I sounded like a complete ****. The main thing I was reported for was intentionaly feeding?
(Some of you seem to not understand, I was in a queue with the enemy team of this game, someone on other team dodged after they finished saying that they were gonna get me banned, I re queue and end up against them.)

Was I feeding? No, here's what happened, I was trying my best to win and the premade kept saying pretend things in chat like I was walking into turrets I WAS NOT, they were just trying to get me banned so and make it seem like I was feeding.

The only thing I can see bad about this game is my harassment, which looking back I am very ashamed of the way I acted, but I was getting absolutely pushed around and bashed that whole game. My temper just took over.

Now game 2:

I vividly remember this game, I was Darius, i went a little past turret and I went afk, finding myself dead, and I was quite angry. I lost my lane because of this, their Darius got cocky and I was just giving himn some competetive trash to show him that I didn't lose my lane because of skill etc. My competetive nature talking.

Also, I was reported that I left the game? I did not leave the game once, check my account I have 2 leaves, both before I was lvl 30 and they were due to power outages.

Game 3:

Assisting enemy team?

Afk in middle, I never did anything of this sort, I remember this game THE ENTIRE GAME I was trying to win regardless of how mad I was at the jungler. All of my trash talk was NOT against my team the majority of the time, one insult at Talon I don't know why that was uncalled for but that one insult not bannable, I was gettting very unlucky this game and everytime I went for a kill on there mid (which I was beating) Hecarim would jump out, everywhere I was HE WAS THERE it was getting me so mad. But in no way was I verbally abusive to my team or the players for the most part. Just mad at Hecarim.

So a recap

Game 1: My team was a 4 premade, they even said in the lobby they were trying to get me banned for fun, NO KIDDING they abused me, and I was not abusing Caitlyn, if anything it was playful. I did not feed, I did not AFK.

Game 2: I was mad for losing my lane because I afk'd. This game I'm actually quite ashamed of, I started the abuse and I can see why I would get reported. But I did NOT leave the game

Game 3: I didn't verbally abuse anyone other than Talon in what 2 sentences? I doubt he cared. I was just raging to myself about Hecarim, but admittedly I should have kept it to myself. I did not afk, or feed. I was trying the whole time.

Overall some of the harassment I put forth I am very ashamed of, and looking at it, I don't see it being my personality at all. But the majority of the things I was reported for is not true, and I never directly abused anyone an extended period of time other than general raging from afk/jungler.

And 1 more thing.

Game one may seem bad if you read the purple font only. But if you saw the lobby and how mcuh they were griefing me, you would feel bad for me.

Kathetara

06-20-2012

If only he had a redeeming quality of being an ass and actually doing well enough for his team to compensate. Alas, he does not, PUNISH.

Venaccio

06-20-2012

I voted for a pardon, but I remembered that he did leave the second game. That would be the only reason to punish him, I think. I don't think the other games where he said some bad words call for punishment. There's stuff way worse than that in the tribunal..

Peak

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbel View Post
OK, I want to bring up some things in this dude's defense because he clearly isn't gonna have a friend in the world in this 'hearing'.

1. This case came up towards the start of this month, he had TWO reported games. The third reported game, the first one to read, is OVER A MONTH OLD.

I don't think it's relevant any more and indeed the person in question's attitude seems very different from then and now.

2. In the game that occurred on 6/3,
the person who reported him for abusive language was also cursing.
Also, he left roughly 1 minute before the game ended. I bet the Nexus was about to blow up and there's no way I would report someone for 'leaving' in that circumstance.

3. The most recent case, 6/4,
Most of his complaints were actually directed at the enemy jungler. He made some passing complaints about the jungler on his team, but his entire team was swearing and there was a lot of all-chat banter going on.

I would not consider this a Black-and-white case!
Not even close. Getting mad, happens in games .
In the 6/3 game, his whole team was doing poorly, the game was almost over, so he quit.

In the 6/4 game, there was a LOT of verbal harassment flying around, you don't point out poo in a toilet.

And the other game is over a MONTH APART from the first two incidents.
=S
I like this explanation, but in terms of the game he left, we can't tell if it was a surrender or not. I'm assuming it was, so if he had not of left, they may not have decided to surrender.

If he left a minute before it ended, no big deal. But if he left and as a result they were forced to surrender? That's no fun.

Rhydon My D

06-20-2012

on the first picture at 29:50 min mark one of them i believe the word he was called a "****er" if riot censored it that would make any 1 rage and go all out and say what he wants to say if that other guy didnt call shen this then i WOULD HAVE PUNISHED HIM but i am assuming no 1 bothered to actually read the chat word by word so they just saw shen cursing sure that was bad but the other guy is at fault also WHY NOT BAN BOTH? if u know he said that WORD RIOT AND YOU ARE GOING TO LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT???? not that Riot is going to read this POST because of the LOG IN QUEUES

Falloutmatirx

06-20-2012

Why does he think he had a chance?

purplepowerpete

06-20-2012

I voted pardon
people need to get over whiners like this, i bet most of you have whined like this when you are not doing well so i don't see much harm in it

AloeRP

06-20-2012

In my eyes, he actually is guilty and deserves to be punished. However, as a member of the LoL community, he should know that people are cruel enough to click punish simply to see him suffer.