Is the attached Tribunal case a punish or a pardon?

Punish 5,813 83.89%
Pardon 820 11.83%
Not enough information/context to make a decision 296 4.27%
Voters: 6929. You may not vote on this poll

Public Tribunal Case (NSFW Language)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceroed

06-20-2012

The language wasn't as bad as I expected. However, intentionally going afk and bragging out it ruins games. It also looked like he ragequit, so I don't even see what the question is here?

Lv99 OnionKnight

06-20-2012

i also think that hecarim in game 1 deserves some kind of punishment(even though its not the guy on trial) but that kind of language is highly abusive(the see you en tee word)

GreenThunda

06-20-2012

In some cases it seems he was just reacting. But overall the behavior was poor, I tried looking at this objectively and I even went 16 pages looking for his replies just to give him a chance.

Punish, it's a solid punish.

Some people were saying that they get people this bad in their games, are you serious? I haven't seen anyone like this in forever

Warewulf

06-20-2012

lol... ez punish. this guy really thought the community would side with him? what a joke. he's as ignorant as he is an a-hole

Apollo Starling

06-20-2012

I don't understand why people think he was instigated in the first game

His first line was "you dumb?", and that wasn't prompted by anything on either team other than what was probably a misplay or mistake. He's the instigator there.

We all make mistakes, and most of us feel pretty ****ty when we do, nothing makes me feel worse than having my own team mates, my supposed allies, jump down my throat for one. It changes the game from "alright let me try to do better and save this" to "oh god I have to put up with this for another half hour"

Everyone who does that should be suspended

Duckmaster

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamadaADTRAPM6 View Post
Pendragon, here's my challenge to you:

If swearing and being mean are reportable, please remove the ignore feature and the text filter. If they aren't in place for the purpose of letting people be mature and walk away from things like this, and being impolite is actually reportable, you are sending a mixed message by having those features.
Agree with this SO hard. Why punish someone for something that you ALLOW to happen? Thats like police watching a girl get raped, THEN punishing the rapist instead of stopping him in the first place.

Rocky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I looked at game one, and I feel that was a pardon. His team fed and they were all pretty aggravating. The enemy team was full of ****s, too. I do not feel that he was the toxic element in game one. It all started with a team mate making what seemed like a terrible mistake. 'Are you dumb.' That's not a huge insult. The short green text in game one deserves to be punished, imo.

In game two he behaved bad. It was not acceptable, but not as bad as other people are making him out to be. I feel that there is a bias going on here just because it's Pendragon, and these people are here to see 'rul....ebreakr..noobscrub.........' get 'OWNED!!!!!' by Pendragon. My opinion on him has dropped from the first game. He went afk one time. One time. Everyone needs to get up once and a while when life calls. It is frustrating to lose lane because of something that you couldn't control. This single case, I'd say pardon if it's a one time thing, but it isn't. Depending on case 3, i'll decide if it's an overall punish or pardon. Also, remember, Sometimes if you're having a bad game and are losing your lane, you just get mad.

Game three was a pardon. While he was vulgar, all he said was '****ing jungler.' When you're trying to do good and the enemy jungler camps your lane, it's frustrating. he didn't outright insult anyone, but displayed his frustration against the enemy jungler by saying, '****ing jungler.' I don't see at all where he broke the summoner's code. Simply saying '****' should not be something that you can get banned for. It's the internet.

1/3 punish.
2/3 pardon.

Overall a pardon, he doesn't seem that bad. He should only have to apologize to his team in the second game.

Earl Boykins

06-20-2012

I'm actually disappointed. I was banned twice on my main account and would have loved to have my games on here instead of this guy. He rages in a way that shows a clear lack of intelligence and says nothing constructive in any of the three games.

I really want Pendragon to do this again. Not necessarily to me, but to someone else. Even in the games that I was unquestionably reported for and banned for, the majority of what I typed had something to do with the game, or with strategy, or with something, and I don't come off as a raging child like this guy. Most of my rage was matched by other members in game or was provoked during a series of lost games. However, nothing was on this level.

I was going to argue that you should find some games in which OP was constructive, but based on the childish way he behaved in all three games, I doubt that he is ever a positive member of his team. You really should do this on somebody else, all this post is doing is making it look like every Tribunal case is this clear cut, when in reality they are not.

Also, just to clarify, both bans I received occurred over six months ago. Have not received anything since then, and although I have definitely restrained from personal insults, there are still games where I am not a positive teammate. This number is greatly outnumbered by the times that I am a great teammate, though, and will be added by a team member after the game who says, "Thanks so much for having my back, was about to rage quit". Unfortunately the Tribunal does not see these games.

AcheronEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

personally, i would have acted similarly to him in the first game, but that is just to combat the first guys unnecessary harshness, but otherwise the guy is a **** and shouldn't be forgiven, punish

Kherazov

06-20-2012

Wow, seems like a player who's not fun to play with or against. Punish right away.