Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is the attached Tribunal case a punish or a pardon?

Punish 5813 83.51%
Pardon 820 11.78%
Not enough information/context to make a decision 296 4.25%
Voters 6961 .

Public Tribunal Case (NSFW Language)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halfasock

06-20-2012

Left game, harassed team and was a ****** in general

Meliorne

Recruiter

06-20-2012

lol

Tippick

06-20-2012

Reserved.

NA Hellraiser

06-20-2012

lol punished

INnominate

06-20-2012

Wow he's RUDE.

Philanthropist

06-20-2012

Due to the rampant foul language, and player abuse, I chose to punish him.

I judge tribunal cases regularly, and these kinds of cases are the norm, not the exception. Players behave this badly in many games, including ones I play in on a regular basis, and I think a lot of this behaviour goes unreported.

Judging on the tribunal has motivated me to become a more constructive player.

EDIT:
I noticed summoners later on in this thread were pointing out that "he wasn't so bad". I can't disagree more with you, as that kind of attitude is a slippery slope. I admit, that doing tribunal cases result in a 'jaded' feeling, and I catch myself saying "well, he wans't THAT bad".

This is dangerous. I want nice summoners in my games. I don't want guys who were sent to the tribunal, even if they werent being blatantly racist, or incredibly vulgar to be pardoned. Being mildly mean is a punish. Impacting the experience negatively is a punish.

warKitty

06-20-2012

Guilty!!! Burn him!

Regimentz

06-20-2012

Ban this toxic player for ever we dont need players like him in this community.

KudoKou

06-20-2012

Left one looks like mutual trolling. Mid one is calling everyone noobs and then leaving, neither of which I would ban for on their own. The right one is the only one that's really banworthy.

I would probably skip this one in the tribunal, tbh. I would bet he gets banned in the end, but I wouldn't want to be a part of banning a guy for a single game where he got abusive.

Glyceroll

06-20-2012

Easy punish. Offensive language, bashing teammates, just generally not a nice person to be around.

Just because people in your game are equally as bad (flaming wise) doesn't give you a free pass to behave like that.