Is the attached Tribunal case a punish or a pardon?

Punish 5,813 83.89%
Pardon 820 11.83%
Not enough information/context to make a decision 296 4.27%
Voters: 6929. You may not vote on this poll

Public Tribunal Case (NSFW Language)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindweep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I don't see how he ever thought if employees of RIOT of all people would find sympathy for him. He commits numerous bannable offenses in the 3 games and the punishment he received from riot was completely just. I don't like getting banned either but i don't complain that it was unfair to ban me when i was obviously being an ******.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

The April game behavior was really uncalled for, but it was April and he said he changed his attitude. So the next two posted were June...going off on enemy Talon because the enemy jungler does his job well (helping out lanes that need ganks due to unfavorable champion match up or whatnot). In the other game, intentional AFK and leaving the game is a big no-no. Punished.

Karashney

06-20-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code

He clearly broke the summoner's code in every single one of those games. I would never want him as a teammate. It's not about what other people did, it's about what he did. You have a choice to ignore these things or respond back to them. He made his choice and now I've made mine.

Punish.

Peak

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikoKun View Post
I think the verdict here is pretty obvious.
Yep, Pardon.

Minimize

06-20-2012

I love how anyone trying to defend him instantly gets a downvote. Why are we letting mid-to-young teenagers that want to screw someone over every chance they get determine a decision like this again?

Edit: The downvotes - my point exactly.

Raxoor

06-20-2012

He deserves a ban that’s for sure, but I am disgusted by the fact that there where people in his games that acted the same or even worse and only he is being singled out. Even worse you will force him to write apology letters to other scum just like him?

That’s like 2 kids fighting and you smite one of them force him to apologies to the other one who is just as responsible. I’m sorry for my language but that is just ****ed up, you want to make a public tribunal case fine, but then ban everyone who’s out of line. This as it stands is just a popularity contest and I’m amazed that a rioter and not just any rioter did this.

Best player evar

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacks View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...mmoners_Code#7

I like how you guys are downvoting the actual Summoner's Code. You're all sheep.
I like how you don't even understand the actual Summoner's Code.

Lil Rage Kitty

06-20-2012

If you want to pardon him for all his trash talk and all the baiting the enemy team supposedly did to force his jerk-face behavior, I would be disappointed, but I could deal with it.

However, I cannot and will not tolerate leavers.

At the very least, he should be punished for AFKing/leaving.

Without a doubt: PUNISH

AncientSpark

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalPredato View Post
Ok I am back lemme just add a few things of my leisure.

Game 1

This was honestly the most torturous game of my life, I was in a game with a premade of 4 YES FOUR, they were harassing me constantly throughout the game, I was getting more mad then I had ever been in my life, and I had thrown out some pretty harsh insults, now seeing them I sounded like a complete ****. The main thing I was reported for was intentionaly feeding?

Was I feeding? No, here's what happened, I was trying my best to win and the premade kept saying pretend things in chat like I was walking into turrets I WAS NOT, they were just trying to get me banned so and make it seem like I was feeding.

The only thing I can see bad about this game is my harassment, which looking back I am very ashamed of the way I acted, but I was getting absolutely pushed around and bashed that whole game. My temper just took over.

Now game 2:

I vividly remember this game, I was Darius, i went a little past turret and I went afk, finding myself dead, and I was quite angry. I lost my lane because of this, their Darius got cocky and I was just giving himn some competetive trash to show him that I didn't lose my lane because of skill etc. My competetive nature talking.

Also, I was reported that I left the game? I did not leave the game once, check my account I have 2 leaves, both before I was lvl 30 and they were due to power outages.

Game 3:

Assisting enemy team?

Afk in middle, I never did anything of this sort, I remember this game THE ENTIRE GAME I was trying to win regardless of how mad I was at the jungler. All of my trash talk was NOT against my team the majority of the time, one insult at Talon I don't know why that was uncalled for but that one insult not bannable, I was gettting very unlucky this game and everytime I went for a kill on there mid (which I was beating) Hecarim would jump out, everywhere I was HE WAS THERE it was getting me so mad. But in no way was I verbally abusive to my team or the players for the most part. Just mad at Hecarim.

So a recap

Game 1: My team was a 4 premade, they even said in the lobby they were trying to get me banned for fun, NO KIDDING they abused me, and I was not abusing Caitlyn, if anything it was playful. I did not feed, I did not AFK.

Game 2: I was mad for losing my lane because I afk'd. This game I'm actually quite ashamed of, I started the abuse and I can see why I would get reported. But I did NOT leave the game

Game 3: I didn't verbally abuse anyone other than Talon in what 2 sentences? I doubt he cared. I was just raging to myself about Hecarim, but admittedly I should have kept it to myself. I did not afk, or feed. I was trying the whole time.

Overall some of the harassment I put forth I am very ashamed of, and looking at it, I don't see it being my personality at all. But the majority of the things I was reported for is not true, and I never directly abused anyone an extended period of time other than general raging from afk/jungler.

And 1 more thing.

Game one may seem bad if you read the purple font only. But if you saw the lobby and how mcuh they were griefing me, you would feel bad for me.
Why do I have any reason to believe that you remember these three games in particular? If you're a reasonably active player at all, I would assume that a few games would not be memorable. Was your supposed experience with trolls THAT rare?

The Reignmaker

06-20-2012

Galfureye does seem pretty negative. Having said that, if you look at the comments of other people in the chat there are others who are QQ'ing just as much as he is. This D-baggery isn't uncommon in this community, and it's a rare person who has never engaged in at least a little of it.

I say if this behavior is occurring in a normal game, let him off the hook. If it's happening in ranked games, ban him.

Am I not merciful?