What is it with Ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FauIts

08-27-2010

When I first started playing at the first week of Season 1, games were all over the place, so I thought I would wait a while until things settled down to play again. However, when I tried again after a few weeks, I was still getting pretty erratic teams, so I took another break. I tried again today, and once again I had people who were playing their first ranked game, we had no semblance of a working team comp, and the people playing wouldn't communicate or just raged. Positioning was terrible and the people playing seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. At some point, I was making mistakes so dumb that I wasn't sure I knew what I was doing.

I play a normal game shortly after, and we have a tank, a support, a jungler (melee dps), a ranged dps, and a mage. People buy wards and put them at critical positions. We get dragon whenever possible. People are being constructive in the chat (as constructive as you'll get on an online game). Everyone gathered up in various brush to protect Udyr as he waited by Golem at lvl 1. Ganks were happening often, everyone on the team had a relatively high CS, and we grouped up to push towers strategically. I'm not even mid/high elo, I only have around +20-30 wins on normal games.

Then why is it the casual game mode feels more competitive than actual ranked matches?

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2010

Ranked has this spot popularly referred to as "Low ELO hell" that contains 1/2 average players, 1/4 fresh 30's, and 1/4 raging jackasses. It's a real **** shoot. The best solution is to queue with a friend or two, coordinate champs, and lane together.

FauIts

08-27-2010

Yeah I used to play with friends but they've all shipped off to college and bigger and better things I assume.