New map concept: Void Invasion

12345612 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tdejong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

bbbbump

lRaon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Tower Defense?

MrMcFluffems

06-20-2012

Bump

Ars Memoriae

06-20-2012

I'm buried alive when i glance at this

Katsuni

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
It would be like those moments where all three of your inhibitors down and you have three waves worth of creeps coming in from each direction.
Yep, exactly!

I've always LURVED defense maps where you're constantly boxed in, and fighting for survival. The best time in a game, really, is when you're locked in your base, and it's only through team work and determination that you manage to break back their final push, and take out their base while they're down, flipping the game 180.

Having a map where you're specifically intended to be beaten back to your base is a fun concept in that you really have that survival issue kicking in hardcore, where you're doing your best just to break even. Falling back to your next line of defenses may be needed, but you might want to try to hold out longer, doing all you can to stem back the eventual tide that will come rushing in no matter what you do.

Anyway, it's a concept I've loved before in previous games, and I still think the best version I've seen so far was a zergling swarm map in Starcraft1 where you played as marines with bunkers. You could buy new infantry, upgrade them, and build/repair bunkers, but in the end, more and more zerglings, then bigger units would spawn, until you were overrun, generally.

I think I won the map once, ever XD It was a hard one to beat! You really had to fight tooth and nail to survive, and that point when there's like a minute left on your extraction dropship and it gets knocked off course by an attack and the timer bumps up back to 5 minutes again, just leaves you cringing =3

But yeah, I'd love to recapture that feel and give people more options on how to play!

Note that most of these concepts have been suggested before (lots of them in the champion concepts forum =3 ), but that each was very basic and never fully fleshed out. By combining each together into a greater whole, it's possible to really define a new game style which would appeal to a lot of the players already in the game, while also grabbing the attention of people who otherwise might not play it at all.

Left 4 Dead had a really huge following at one time, as did many other such team survival games. People really do like this kind of game play, and LoL's set up is actually remarkably ideally suited towards this kind of thing with relatively minor changes =3

So, yay for more play options, especially for friends who just don't want to play PvP games ^.^

oqwnM

06-20-2012

Take my +1 nao

ElementSteel

06-20-2012

Void Minibosses... Kog, Malzahar (He still tries to promote it,no?). Final Boss: Cho?

As for Shadow Isles...Minibosses could be Eve, Yorick, Hecarim? With Mordekaiser as the final? o.O

PizzaRice

06-20-2012

I remember a similar idea from a long time ago. Nonetheless its like bringing pest control from RS into LoL but that isnt a bad thing imo. Tho i wonder what malz would have to say to this. This would be ahappy day for Kass and an all you can eat buffet for Cho + Koggy

jameschat

06-20-2012

I'm not sure if the "miniboss" idea is a good one though. If there were a miniboss, all the team would have to rush to them and their own lanes would be invaded without them there...

Plus, it would take tons of time to make the map, perfect the mechanics, model the creatures, model the bosses, give the bosses different abilities, etc.

However, they could replace minibosses by a random "corrupted" champion once in a while. AKA a normal champion with maybe a couple levels higher than you and a "void" color-swap.

jhgvhgdghyt

06-20-2012

Wow I actually had the exact same idea running around in my head.
I'd love to see this being implemented into League!

12345612 ... 48