Nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vietnammer94

08-27-2010

Hey guys i know nidalee's been out for like a looooonnnng time, please bear with me..
So today i was playing a match and i noticed that our nidalee was friggin sick the way she switched in an out of her cougar form to get away,heal, throw javalins,etc. This made me want to get her, so i was wondering what you guys thought of her
(pros, cons, playstyles, etc) cause i don't see many nidalee players.

Thx for responses

IS1463da9b4b77ba5e821c6

08-27-2010

She is the rarest champion of all.
I have been playing for quite a few months, and i have seen her LESS then 10 times.
At the same time, she definitely requires THE MOST skill to be played with.

She is my main champion, and i build her like a full mage.
My item build:
1. Boots + 3 mana pots
2. Soulstealer
3. Spell Penetration boots (finished)
4. Haunting Guise
5. Rod of Ages
6. Zhonias Ring
7. Archangels Staff
8. IF enemy champs got large magic resistance (more then 60) i sell Haunting Guise and get Void Staff.

This ends up in having HUGE amount of Ability Power and mana, with decent survivability and magic penetration.
All her spells (except takedown) scale with AP.

I skill her like this:
lvl1 Primal Surge
lvl2 Bushwhack
lvl3 Javelin
From there on i level using this priority: Ultimate, Javelin, Heal, Bush.

9/0/21 Build, Clairvoyance and Ghost (both upgraded)
Full AP Tier 3 runes.

Nidalee is hard to learn and fragile to play as, but she is definitely for a player who wants a challenge playing the rarest and hardest champion of all!

Vietnammer94

08-27-2010

Thx a lot bro

Whowhatwhere

08-27-2010

I'd suggest building her like HotshotGG does, at least item wise.

The most important items are Guinsoo's Rageblade and Lichbane. It's insanely easy for Nid to get stacks, especially when heading back to her lane because you're going to be using Pounce each time it's off cooldown.

IS1463da9b4b77ba5e821c6

08-27-2010

That AD build is stupid.
Building Nidalee as a AD gimmick is selfish and short sighted.

She is a support champ with a Long range nuke and an uber heal!
The whole team needs her spells, and her spells need a lot of AP.

Making Nidalee AD is like making Soraka AD - total selfish FAIL.
Just stick to AP and perform your role as a Mage/Support hybrid.
There are plenty of AD-DPS/Tower Killers in each game, and Nidalee does not need to kill-steal with Takedown from important DPS Carry teammates.

Stick to AP!

Crivissimo

08-27-2010

She's one of my two mains(other being Ezreal), Loads of fun!
Why am I downvoted?

Vichar

08-27-2010

In my opinion Nidalee is the best at that delicate cat and mouse game of hunter / prey. You know what I'm talking about if you play physical carries a lot. You are out dealing damage and suddenly you have to run away. Nidalee excels at chasing, burst damage, killing, and running away--all good things for a carry to be good at.

Having said that, I have gotten an endless stream of noob Nidalee players on my team precisely because she is difficult to master. She's easy to lane with, so Nidalee players think they are pretty good when they can get farmed up and maybe even some early game kills. Late game I feel (noob) Nidalee players get confused and don't contribute well to team fights.

Pros: sick melee burst, good ranged harass, excellent laner (+ decent heal), great bush juking in cat form.

Cons: doesn't really have a true ult (like Udyr), needs teammates to initiate (like most dps), lack of CC, hard to play to full potential

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

That doesn't make her AD, it makes her a hybrid with a respectable heal, burst, and attack speed/damage. It's a common build that one of the best, if not the best Nidalee player in the game uses quite often.

Also, I was not aware that Lich Bane was an AD item.

Shiria

08-27-2010

Mercs>Rageblade>zhonya> void/lichbane depends on money if i need stronger javelins or bd and game should end now.
I going ar pen red/dodgeyellow/mp5 blue and 3 ar pen quints.
Pretty much hotshot build but its best nida build.
Masteries 0/9/21.
And summoner skills ghost/flash.
Max heal then javelin and traps last.

IS1463da9b4b77ba5e821c6

08-27-2010

I really do not see the point of AD Nidalee, when my AP Nidalee easily gets 1300 Javelins every 6 seconds and constant 1200 Surge heals on teammates.

Whatever that AD Nidalee can do, AP is better.
Nidalee is the only Champ with a 1500-range short-CD Nuke and a Strong cheap shortCD heal.
So do not try to act like a AD DPS since usually every team has at least 2 AD DPS Carry types.
Nidalee needs to be a support/mage AP hybrid (rarest), not another KSing carry...

My last game with Nidalee ended as 18/0/12 in a 55 minute game.
About 700 Ability Power, saved a TON of allies with Primal Surge.
A thousand times more useful then ANY kind of AD build.