Where is Sivir's place? And must have items on her?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railen View Post
If her ricochet procs on hits wouldn't a tiamat ( i know their awful) make her slaughter creep waves faster? or by the time you spend 2k is she already able to 1-2 shot creep waves anyways? (very limited experiance with or against her)
On-hit effects only apply on the first attack, ricochet bounces don't proc anything (to my knowledge, I could be wrong).

She pretty much melts creep waves like butter anyway, even with an aura build (one boomerang blade + a few autoattacks).

edit - ninja'd

Inebriate

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
@ people talking about ezreal nerfs - you're forgetting the possibility of having a 1v2 lane to accomodate a jungling champ.
Read mah edit!!

Cenerae

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriate View Post
Read mah edit!!
I read it, but I don't see why you'd want to put a Janna or Zilean in a solo lane. What exactly do you benefit by having them get extra xp and gold? Sivir on the other hand, works poorly in a dual lane since she's all like omnomnom tasty minyuns.

BiggerFish

08-27-2010

sigh, i wish the mandreds proc carried its damage through, afterall, it isn't a bonus hit, it adds straight 500 damage to your swing.
then again, i can't even fathom trying to lane against that.

Necrophagus

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturos View Post
They're good at denying their enemy solo counterpart of exp/gold?
As is Sivir, while also obtaining farm for a champion that can actually utilize it.

Espara

08-27-2010

Sivir's recommended items are fine, save for chalice. Just add a banshees or frozen mallet in and you're ready to roll. As Phreak said as well, Ghost Blade is effective.

Vichar

08-27-2010

Little known to the community at large, Sivir sometimes moonlights in the role of "singing telegram" and "birthday cake center".

Amazing MuhKuh

08-27-2010

about armor pen.. i always thought ricchochet dealt magic damage.. was that changed?

BeverlyHillZ

08-27-2010

Sivirs place is at the bottom of the trash can. Garbage damage, garbage spell shield on a 20 second cooldown "lulz black shield anyone" Skill shot thats too slow and doesent scale with physical DPS like it should. Her ult and richochet are great, thats about it.

Crivissimo

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Her true steroid is Ricochet. Because of her range, you generally have to swing at the tank, which is fine. Because you have Ricochet. Ricochet doesn't apply on-hits. It doesn't crit, apply slows, or respond to life steal. Ricochet grows one of 3 ways: +damage, +attack speed, and armor penetration.

Because of this, the most awesomest items to get are Brutalizer, Stark's Fervor, and Youmuu's Ghostblade. For late game you'll probably want a Bloodthirster (possibly replacing the Brutalizer) and a Guardian Angel which every carry should have at some point in the game. Also have Elixirs. Elixirs are awesome and Sivir can easily farm them.

Running around dealing damage as though your opponents all have 90 less armor than they do... That's going to work.

Also, with your ultimate and Rally... Well that's just going to hurt a lot. Even if you get chased down and have to get out of the battle (which you can easily do with E and R) your team still has improved Rally and the buff from your ultimate.
There are plenty of better champs for ranged carrying, and plenty better for pushing/support. Why should I pick Sivir over one of these better people?