Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moo 777

06-20-2012

Riot, seriously, hire this guy. This is the most informative, entertaining, and readable guide I've ever come across.

IS11a369b6d1d339

06-20-2012

please sticky

urmamasllama

06-20-2012

hey no mention of my revolver start on yorick? i still wonder why that never caught on

konfetarius

06-20-2012

Quote:
People playing different champions without performing a different purpose is not a metachange. If it was then every single game ever played would have a new meta because someone picked a different champion.
I could have sworn Sauron's team did the POOOOTERS meta at one point.

Volandum

06-20-2012

They did. Won the tournament too, I think painkillar was on POOTERSS duty one game.

VoidInsanity

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I could have sworn Sauron's team did the POOOOTERS meta at one point.
That's not a meta, thats a tatic or strategy. A meta is when a tatic or strategy become so standard it's how every game is played without exception. 4 top 1 bot is a meta for example, the type of champion sent bot is a shift in the meta but sending down a Darius instead of a Riven is not a meta shift. Make sense?

DiscworldDeath

06-20-2012

They did? I remember when they didn't do the POOTERSS meta, they had POOTERSS on their team. They didn't do one of those games where 4 people run around pootering.

Also, for Meta, if it's 4 top and just the champions change, it's not exactly a meta change. If people played 3-4 tanky dps but moved to 1-2, that IS a meta change. If people moved to playing different roles than before, like tanks/supports, as opposed to different champions filling the same roles, that's a meta change.

Then again, metagame is a very amorphous concept. In M:tG fast decks are a type of deck, but they can vary from Sligh decks to Lin Sivvy rebel decks, to green stompy focusing more on the early game critters, etc.

DiscworldDeath

06-20-2012

Meta is something you have to account for, a meta is comprised of all strategies you have to account for. It's a difference of aggregate size.

Volandum

06-20-2012

I don't think that's what a meta is ChronicleX. The meta encompasses a wide range of team comps... but I'm not sure why I'm getting into this, as I seem to be the only person around here with respect for the strategy and challenges of working out team comps for Blind Pick.

VoidInsanity

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Meta is something you have to account for, a meta is comprised of all strategies you have to account for. It's a difference of aggregate size.
No a Meta is a standard, the basic foundations that everything else is based upon. In Rift support+ad bot, 1 top, mage mid, 1 jungler is standard, that is the meta. Example having 2 aps on the team by having a second mage go top, is a shift in the meta called "double AP meta" but it is still the 1-1-1-2 meta. It only becomes a meta of its own if it becomes the new standard. Sending 2 mid and 1 bot would be a totally new meta, having a roaming support that switches lanes is also since they do not follow the basic setup people are used to, its a new way to play.. A tactic such as pairing Janna with Wukong is not a new meta or a shift in one, its just very popular in the meta because of how strong it is. You are still playing a support+ad lane, its the same meta.

Maybe thats the point you are also trying to make, I am tired and not certain atm. Sleeping now.