Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
Doesn't mean you established any meta now does it? People having been going 4 top 1 bot since day one, people learnt what comps were good top within a week. You established nothing.
Not sure what all the 'you' emphasis is about, I'm not on +5 nor do I speak for them. And, no, people did not magically figure out the optimal comps within a week, I remember the first month of Dominion being a morass of assassin/glass cannon spam, much like low elo still is. Almost nobody took revive/garrison until the top players started doing it en masse. All the top picks, all the popular builds on the standard OP champs (tank kass, ad malz, trinity urgot) were invented by top players who were then copied by others. If that's not establishing a meta, I don't know what is.

VoidInsanity

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I don't know what is.
Meta's are organised comps and tactics based around them. They are the way you play the game, not what you play. The way dominion is played is the same as it has always been, 4 top 1 bottom and the comps premades have taken (the good ones anyway) have been rather consistent throughout. The only "meta" shift that happened was mass revive, and that is it. Nothing has changed.

zionist shill

06-20-2012

Hmm, nevermind, carry on good sirs.

Volandum

06-20-2012

DoTs get full spell vamp (or not, depending on whether they're AoE or not), just impaired effect on Rylai's.

zionist shill

06-20-2012

Ah, got those two mixed up I guess.

VoidInsanity

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
DoTs get full spell vamp (or not, depending on whether they're AoE or not), just impaired effect on Rylai's.
No such thing as an AoE DoT, once a DoT is on a target it is a single target spell even if applied by an AoE effect - Example Brands passive applies full spellvamp no matter what spell applies it. Unless you are on about persistant AoE such as Malz's pool in which case yes that gets reduced spellvamp.

konfetarius

06-20-2012

Quote:
I don't recall any patch notes saying it was changed, so I would assume it is the same, unless someone has any more-recent test data.
Could have been a ninja change. Or the wiki people derped. Not the first time.

Quote:
That's just like, your opinion man. Further muddled by the fact that AP usually = person with most mpen AND poke anyway.
There is no fuddling. You are wrong at everything.

Quote:
Meta's are organised comps and tactics based around them. They are the way you play the game, not what you play. The way dominion is played is the same as it has always been, 4 top 1 bottom and the comps premades have taken (the good ones anyway) have been rather consistent throughout. The only "meta" shift that happened was mass revive, and that is it. Nothing has changed.
If standard team compositions changed, that's a metachange, no? Why else is everyone on the general forums complaining about ZERO CS META!!1! when the only difference between now and then is which heroes go in which lanes?

Vaticide

06-20-2012

In general, a very good read - and yes I read the ENTIRE first page (40 mins to login OP).

I think it would be really great if you could expand your "(2–3). General improvements to your item builds" section and add in more items, like aegis, hexdrinker and chalice for example. Maybe also talk about how death fire grasp works well with magic pen etc.

My only gripe with this guide, is the mini builds/guides for champions. While all of the builds Sauron has suggested for champions are viable (and the advice is solid), I think people will have a misconception that this is "the defacto" way to play that champion or just simply, skip to the part where he says get x on champ and they won't experiment or think about why those items are purchased. I think it would be better to have links to a full guide on a champion rather than a how to play your champion 101. An example of this is playing yorick bottom. Sure he is a "complete faceroll" but he does need to be setup/skilled/itemized differently depending on who he is going against.

VoidInsanity

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
If standard team compositions changed, that's a metachange, no?
People playing different champions without performing a different purpose is not a metachange. If it was then every single game ever played would have a new meta because someone picked a different champion.

OnyxFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Immense respect and gratitude for taking the time to compose and put up this treatise. Thanks.