Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

06-20-2012

Mana pots are incredibly powerful on Dominion because they benefit from the passive Dominion buff that boosts your regen at low mana. You get anywhere from 200-300 mana back if you save them for low mana situations. Some of my optimal builds on mana-hungry champions like Lulu are unusable without them, since I'd need to itemize for mana regen or risk running out of mana constantly midfight, and that's gold I'd rather spend stacking infinity edges or something.

Also incredibly bored because of hyperinflated login/queue times of death so I'm going to do my grammar nazi thing:

Quote:
My solo blind queues are usually anywhere 60-120 minutes long
missing 'from'
Quote:
went over 2800 is that my queues times
queue

Quote:
Distance is very important to them, and are difficult to play well
missing 'they'

Quote:
heresay
hearsay

Quote:
It won't see hardly
will see

Quote:
even then its a
it's

Quote:
Its cheap
it's

Quote:
Its no secret
it's

and that's the point where my ADD kicked in and I wandered off to do something else. I made it through a whole section so I'm pretty proud.

Necrysis

06-20-2012

I seem to be in a few of those. Well played....upvote

Sauron

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
it's
Its is used for ownership and it's is used for contraction? Ffffffffff all this time I had it backwards.

konfetarius

06-20-2012

Quote:
Also incredibly bored because of hyperinflated login/queue times of death so I'm going to do my grammar nazi thing:
I've never seen this side of you before.

Oh, also, you should probably mention how the Dominion mana buff works because it is quite dramatic. To wit - it is a supersized Chalice of Harmony effect, you gain 3% mana regeneration per 1% mana missing. In practice, this means that if you are playing a caster (or anyone) and derpspam (like I love to do) non-stop, the most important stat you want for that purpose is +mana, not mana regeneration.

DiscworldDeath

06-20-2012

O.o

The most important thing you want is mana regen, since the passive multiplies the mana regen. If you get more mana, you actually get less benefit when you're out of an equal amount of mana.

Sauron

06-20-2012

It really depends on the rest of your build. You can take a mana hungry caster like Karthus and do Grail with no other mana items --> still OOM if you use your E for any length of time, but other champs can be just fine with it. Some dudes scale really well with manatank builds.

Kassadin is also another example of Grail being a weird choice because he will hit 0 mana all the time, and simply have to wait between ults to burst, but it will still work.

FetisPuncher

06-20-2012

Need a section for trail item builds that have potential to work in dominion, like Hybrid Morde/Ahri and Tanky Fiddle(which is something i've been f'ing around with lately)

I Support Only I

06-20-2012

Mother of Guides

konfetarius

06-20-2012

The other way around. A person with 1500 mana will get a bigger % benefit at 500 mana than a person with 1000 mana.

But, I would agree that you want +mana regen on top of the pool once your mana costs ramp up as a result of leveling.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I'm not sure if you are trolling when you say 5+ established the metagame....