Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
As you can see, the definition is very open-ended, and because of the multiple ways one can metagame, it's a tough word to actually define. I'm OK with having multiple micro-definitions for the word.
And once again it goes back to what I have said every post for the past 6-8 posts. The metagame is the unwritten rules. The rules can change, but rules still remain. It's not metagaming unless it actually works, when it works it becomes the standard. The standard is the metagame. The stupid things that do not work, the strats that do not work, that is not the metagaming, because it doesn't work. Metagaming is the foundations. Using Revive in dominion? Part of the meta. Banning Urgot/Kassadin, part of the meta. It's the basics. Anything beyond what a meta dictates at the time is not meta, it is strategy.

DiscworldDeath

06-21-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2254590

Head over, Chronicle.

Risemix

06-21-2012

No, there don't have to be any rules prior to metagaming. If it's the first game of league of legends ever, and i make the decision to build anything but recommended items, I'm still metagaming.

VoidInsanity

06-21-2012

No you are not, you are just playing the game and making your own decisions within it. Metagaming is the unwritten rules, don't have any misconceptions of it being anything else.

Cauldrath

06-21-2012

I just redid my test (though I didn't wait for level 18 with 5 AA staves and a Chalice):

With Chalice and 54 regen at max mana, I reached 219 regen: ~4x the amount, so a 300% bonus at 100% mana missing.

Without Chalice and 54 regen at max mana, I reached 163 regen: ~3x the amount, so a 200% bonus at 100% mana missing.

jakeoti

06-21-2012

I main Viktor, and was happy to find that you also support the use of the Q-augment. However, when I play as him, I usually do go bot. Maybe some of the more common high tier bots, such as Urgot and Yorick, can shut him down, but I feel that prioritizing his Q makes him more handy in a 1v1 situation. The speed boost and shield make it easy to constantly grab that health pack that's in the middle of the lane, and taking promote makes it easy to push.

DiscworldDeath

06-21-2012

BTW, in general, still curious about why 21 offense on so many AD champions, who don't go bot lane. I just like 21 in defense so much more. I see the 6 ArPen as the biggest benefit to going over 9 in AD offense, and it just seems to do a lot less than MS, CDR, Tenacity, and living longer, hm.

Zerglinator

06-21-2012

Cheesecake Tier.

I like you already, Sauron.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-21-2012

Wow... that's really all I can say... wow.

You should put this on a website for easier navigation and such. Besides that just amazing.

Yfrappefort

06-21-2012

This post should be a sticky.