Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help me pick an ideal champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

06-20-2012

Sounds like you may be a bruiser player, as you tend to be very aggressive but also like doing damage. On the bruiser front, you might like Garen, Irelia, Shen (dual class bruiser/tank), or possibly Darius (the King of Big Chunks of Health Falling Off). If you want to stick to ranged, Ryze might suit you, he builds tanky while also doing damage.

AlphaTyler

06-20-2012

Tryndamere is pretty fun and holds his own pretty well when he barges in.

Angeleno

06-20-2012

Quote:
NinetyNineTails:
Shen (dual class bruiser/tank)

Not to hijack this guy's thread, but do tell me more. I tank with Shen and his damage output is pretty low. I can definitely get kills with him, but I don't see him as a bruiser, though I assume that's because I build him tanky. I've not really seen a bruiser build for him, any chance you could point me to one?

Feldaemon

06-20-2012

Try out master yi. If you play him right, you can jump into a team of five enemies, kill one at low health and then run away. Really freaks people out when you do that too. Only works late game tho.

Xaph

06-20-2012

Warwick is always a good choice, he was one of my first buys way back when and is still considered a decent champ in lower elos. His passive lifesteal and his q makes him an ideal jungler though you can play him top lane. He can be built tanky with attack speed if you get madreds. His ult locks down one person for a few seconds(aim for their ad carry like miss fortune/ashe/graves). I recommend him, and hes melee.

Zdrastochye

06-20-2012

Quote:
Angeleno:
Not to hijack this guy's thread, but do tell me more. I tank with Shen and his damage output is pretty low. I can definitely get kills with him, but I don't see him as a bruiser, though I assume that's because I build him tanky. I've not really seen a bruiser build for him, any chance you could point me to one?

You can do the tanky dps type builds, which usually revolve around getting a high hp item such as warmogs/frozen mallet/etc and then build an atmas + maw and do reasonable autoattack damage.

Not that you asked for it, nor do you have to believe me, but a tanky AP build works out just fine too. You sacrifice damage on non-abilities but all of his abilities scale with AP, so if you go Rylais (slow on your Q really helps), abyssal scepter, zhonyas, etc you really can put out respectable damage (and your W and R shield for quite a lot more than usual).

Angeleno

06-20-2012

Thanks dude, totally gonna try that out.

Dratini17

06-20-2012

Awesome! So I read every post and it seems like I should try tanking.

I'm going to try Ryze first (since it was the most suggested and the cheapest), and I'll see how I like him, then I will try all of the others eventually because I don't have a ton of IP :P

Thank you all for the great suggestions!

Konush

06-20-2012

Sounds like Ryze, or Swain meet your tastes, if you build them right anyway.

parnellyx

06-20-2012

Quote:
Dratini17:
Hello, although my account is super old, I have not played very much until now.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could suggest an ideal champion, as I am struggling with almost every one I played.

Miss Fortune seems to be my strongest champion, I played as her for her f2p week, and I was pretty decent (but I cannot play as her anymore because...

I bought Katarina, which I was terrible at. I initially was over-excited when I bought her, but after around 5 games I noticed I was doing terribly and had barely scored even 2 kills.

After that mishap, I went crazy trying to find a new champion. I tried:

Annie: wasn't that bad as her, but just got torn to shreds really easily. I am more reckless, and generally put myself in a lot of danger and head first attack. I love the high damaged range here, coming from her disintegrate. incinerate was good, flame shield was worthless, and tibbers was meh.

Ashe: I wasn't that good. Ashe herself is pretty decent, but I just don't like her skills PERIOD. Nothing to do really bulky damage quick, (that's what I like)

Fiddlesticks: I was okay. Really fun and exciting to play him, but I again seem to be very reckless and try to rush and powerhouse my enemies. I started sucking really bad later on, so I gave up.

Tristina: Okay. Again, much of me charging headfirst and retreating, only to get ripped to shreds.

Kayle: I loved farming with righteous fury. That's about it. I would get owned by Shaco :l.

So, yeah. I like Miss Fortune because of her attack speed skill, her raining bullets which scares away people and farms fast, her special which pwns unsuspecting invaders, and her cannon shot which does high damage.

If there is any class to fit my terrible play-style, something I would like, or maybe tips to improve, please suggest to me

Thank you in advance!

Big tip. Watch Professionals play and learn a lot. You will start owning people