Help me pick an ideal champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dratini17

06-20-2012

Hello, although my account is super old, I have not played very much until now.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could suggest an ideal champion, as I am struggling with almost every one I played.

Miss Fortune seems to be my strongest champion, I played as her for her f2p week, and I was pretty decent (but I cannot play as her anymore because...

I bought Katarina, which I was terrible at. I initially was over-excited when I bought her, but after around 5 games I noticed I was doing terribly and had barely scored even 2 kills.

After that mishap, I went crazy trying to find a new champion. I tried:

Annie: wasn't that bad as her, but just got torn to shreds really easily. I am more reckless, and generally put myself in a lot of danger and head first attack. I love the high damaged range here, coming from her disintegrate. incinerate was good, flame shield was worthless, and tibbers was meh.

Ashe: I wasn't that good. Ashe herself is pretty decent, but I just don't like her skills PERIOD. Nothing to do really bulky damage quick, (that's what I like)

Fiddlesticks: I was okay. Really fun and exciting to play him, but I again seem to be very reckless and try to rush and powerhouse my enemies. I started sucking really bad later on, so I gave up.

Tristina: Okay. Again, much of me charging headfirst and retreating, only to get ripped to shreds.

Kayle: I loved farming with righteous fury. That's about it. I would get owned by Shaco :l.

So, yeah. I like Miss Fortune because of her attack speed skill, her raining bullets which scares away people and farms fast, her special which pwns unsuspecting invaders, and her cannon shot which does high damage.

If there is any class to fit my terrible play-style, something I would like, or maybe tips to improve, please suggest to me

Thank you in advance!

Dratini17

06-20-2012

And, as you can see, I prefer ranged, but also very interested in finding a melee character to fit my tastes.

Darkmagician989

06-20-2012

Dratini i think you should start off with reccomended champions k? So I used Garen, couldn't get total control but i bought master yi and i'm getting at least 2 kills per game. You should also think about what classes. I think you would like tanks try out Shen or Taric maybe Nasus

Darkmagician989

06-20-2012

I think you should try tanks like Taric or Shen and maybe Nasus

RQ Kiwi

06-20-2012

The problem is you can't have it all in one champion.

You seem to like ranged burst, but you also don't like getting ripped to shreds.

Most bursty ranged champions are AP carries, like Annie. Their drawback is how squishy they are. If you want to do a lot of damage, you can't also take a lot of damage in return.

Personally I found Annie was a good champion to learn when you are trying to get the hang of when to engage and how to avoid getting a facefull from the other side.

Maybe you could try Ryze. Hes quite bursty, and hes also quite tanky if you do the regular build of Sorc shoes, Tear of the goddess, Banshees Veil and Frozen Heart. Hes not quite as long range as some other mage carries, though.

Silent Rain2010

06-20-2012

Try finding a character that you can truly connect with or have a relation to whether it be lifestyle, personality, style, etc for me my two champions are Fiora and Katarina that I feel best suit me.

HuggableZombie

06-20-2012

You say you liked MF, meaning you liked playing a carry. Your playstyle however, sounds very Tank-like. If you like charging head on into a fight, then you might want Shen, Riven or maybe Nautilus (I know Riven isn't a proper tank but she is an excellent initiator). It does sound like you like bursty champions and the only two I can think of that are both bursty and somewhat 'tanky' are Ryze and Mordekaiser.

Mordekaiser has good burst, but he also has good sustain damage and his shield and W keep him from getting blown up easily like most other AP champions. His drawback is that he uses his own health to cast spells which can be deterring for people who aren't used to him. This problem is easily solved by buying a Will of the Ancients.

Ryze starts off pretty squishy, but later on he becomes near impossible to kill if you have a good team. His snare also keeps people from getting near you while you spam Q and wreck their life bars. His build is generally tanky because of his Mana scaling. A lot of Mana items also give good defense. Rod of Ages gives health, Banshee's gives Magic Resist, Frozen Heart gives Armor and so on.

Those are the only champions I can see that fit your playstyle. Good burst damage with a bit of survivability.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Try to stay in your lane the entire game with your ranged ad. You're probably doing so good with Miss Fortune, because she snowballs, and has a very strong lane. I would recommend focusing on farming more though. Every 10 minion kills is about 1 champion kill. This will allow you to get your carry items, and wreck the other lanes who can't last hit well. If you're really good, you'll have about 140 cs at 15 mins.

Magus Crow

06-20-2012

I might point you towards Graves or Talon. Graves is a bit more resilient than other carry characters due to his passive and while he doesnt burst super hard he can do so respectibly well. Talon is a bit different as he has bruiser type stats but can burst incredibly well with his ability to jump on top of an opponent (while silencing them) with a steriod and rake.

I believe that Graves is free to play this week so try him out if you get a chance.

Ninth Hell

06-20-2012

If you wanna be a player lika a BAWS choose then Darius or Draven trust me one of them