Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

While The Servers Are Down

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nature Is Cool

06-20-2012

id really like to play nautilus as a tank but i dont know much about him and ive only seen one person play him so far. what do you guys think of him? What would be your rune setup and Mastery Set up? also skill progression and item builds?

CrusaderAntonius

06-20-2012

I've been playing him as a tanky jungler. His ganks are sick, and he transitions pretty well. Here's my setup.

0/21/9
AS reds
armor yellows
mr/lvl blues
move speed quints (he is SO slow)

Skill order is R>W>E>Q with 1 point in q at either 3 or 4 for ganking.

My build varies based on the enemy team and what our team needs. Sometimes I build a more CDR-focused build with Shurelias and Frozen Heart if I need to be spamming my spells a lot in team fights. Other times I'll build very tanky with Frozen Heart + Randiuns (against physical teams) or FoN+Bveil/Abyssal (against magic heavy teams). Some games I'll get a Frozen Mallet if they have one or two champs that constantly are diving my carry. Once you put Frozen Mallet on him, he sticks to ANYONE. Even if they pop ghost and flash, you can still stick to them for long enough to let your carry finish them.

Here's my general build order against a balanced team.

cloth+5
HoG, boots 1 (maybe a few more pots)
boots of mobility
aegis (ruby crystal first, then nmm/cloth depending on who you're ganking most often)
chain vest
wits end
chain vest -> warden's mail
wardens + hog -> randiuns

From there, you're pretty much set. You can get more armor, hp, MR, whatever you need. Late game you can swap out your mobility for mercs if you need to. I usually don't. I like the chasing power mobility gives, and I like to think of them as a passive taunt to the other team ("Hey, Naut has no tenacity, our cc has full effect on him. We should take advantage of that and blow it all on him!&quot.

Nature Is Cool

06-20-2012

ill give it a shot thanks for the info:]

Kaoelith

Recruiter

06-20-2012

Shurelya's is a must on tank junglers imo, the active is invaluable when used right.

Most games you will rarely get past boots, s-rev, randuin, frozen heart, which are his key items, after that go with what you need, if no defense needed get abyssal/rylais for more ap

a few tricks that are great on him are:

saving your q for when you need it, not to initiate if you are able too

using q to run away is also a good idea, since it resets when it hit terrain, this makes him almost ungankable if you try to invade and smite steal buffs, also lets you chase people quickly if you aim right

you can use his ulti to initiate ganks unless team fights are often already, then save it for them instead

his W resets his auto attack timer:if they fight back AA>W>AA>E if they run E/AA based on range>previous one you didn't do>W>AA
naut can have surprising burst with this, which being a tank and his passive people often forget he can hurt

jungle naut can also clear enemy wraiths quickly with E>AA>W>AA reset

delfam

06-20-2012

Regrowth Pen/1 Pot
Merc Treads or Mob Boots
Philo Stone
HoG
Aegis
Shurelias
Frozen Heart

Im stomping Wit's End is always good