Im starting to question the validity of the jungle role.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

06-19-2012

Lately I'm seeing more and more people deciding to just duo top lane rather than do one top and one jungle. and oddly enough it is met with surprising success.

Idk if its because our jungler sucked and i know they didnt have a jungler either so lanes were safe from ganks. but this begs the question what's the point of jungling when you can just as easily tag team someone and over power them?

MoreMedz

06-20-2012

In an ideal situation, the team with the jungler will have faster exp and gold growth overall since they are also farming the creeps.

In an ideal situation, the jungler will be able to respond to the other team overextending by ganking them away from their towers.

In an ideal situation, the jungler will be able to secure early dragon kill and to steal blue buff from the enemy team.

...the rest is reality.

partyaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

The easy answer is simply running a jungler on the team allows for global presence. Lanes should be wary of over extending or possibly dying to a gank. Although to better answer your question, it really depends on the skill level of the players. If I'm playing and see our top lane in a 2v1 I honestly feel I've already won. The solo top will out level the duo top. It's a common occurance in DotA, the whole goal is to stay in exp range, get what last hits you safely can, and don't die.

What this does is allows the jungler to safely farm both jungles and get ahead. Hopefully leading to stronger ganks allowing mid and bot to also get ahead. Either way a top lane, with poor cs and a 4-5 3-4 level advantage is more intimidating than 2 top lane sharing cs and being underleveled.

Forsaken Evil

06-20-2012

I have noticed this also. Unfortunately people are playing jungles that in my opinion are not good at ganking till they have their ult. And for the duo top lane yes I have seen some huge harass top lanes that make the solo cry as their turret is downed within the first 7 minutes. It unfortunately happens.

Discket

06-20-2012

If your team does't have a jungler, you should lose. Period.

As already been said, The jungler has unlimited access to both jungles, as well as free kills top when mid roams up, because the duo top probably isn't buying wards.

I'm just saying, the meta is the meta for a reason. It works.

rtytuyi

06-20-2012

try this...
2 jungles, 1 mid, 1 top, 1 bot.
Lee sin jungle
Naut Jungle
Riven bot/top
Pantheon bot/top
Vlad mid.

Doesn't have to be exactly like this of course, but the ganks and invading pressure was ridiculous, plus in loading screen it will make the enemy team believe your team couldnt decide on a play and are gonna fail.
We kicked butt and completely whiped the floor with the enemy team.

Danish Vikingz

06-20-2012

If they have a noob solo top against 2 persons, then yes it can be beneficial because a: either the jungler has to baby sit that top or b: top will loose hard giving them a great gold advantage.

But against a somewhat decent player, he will just sit back and farm and punish them when they try to do something dumb. Therefore when team fights break out, the team with jungler + solo top will be a lot stronger.
And if your jungler is any good, he will make sure that their mid, never gets their blue, so therefore your middle lane has an edge too. If it is a mana hungry jungler, then hoooray, you now got blue for both your mid and jungler..

Even if I don't get all the last hits top, I will probably have more farm than them, since they have to share/fight for the last hits and I will almost always be able to stay in range for exp, therefore also higher level than them.

I love solo top against 2 as Vladimir. I get so strong and around level 6 they decide to dive, E+Q, R+E+Q, W and a E+Q finish them off, if they didn't already die

SoundwaveXXX

06-20-2012

I love solo top vs 2 as Riven. Many make the mistake to turret dive and that's a double kill for me.

SatanInDisguise

06-20-2012

It allows top to rapidly level up from the farm and get alot more gold than if it was shared among two players. As well as that the jungler while giving a good presence everywhere will help the AD carry get fed more by ganking.

Same as the guy above me I love 2v1 as Olaf especially early game as people just forget how powerful his Passive+W is they think oh yeah 2v1 easy kill then your health just starts coming back all while your hitting them for true damage and they just cry as you get a double kill.

Mastamune

06-20-2012

If i'm in a premade group and I see no jungler, the first thought is "****! now top is gonna be under constant pressure. I don't know if they can harrass 2 people".

My second thought is "TWO BLUES AND TWO REDS. top is gonna wreck with that and mid is gonna be uber strong. meanwhile I still have double buffs for ganks and bonus XP.