What are some good Champions to buy for beginner ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThienAn1810

06-19-2012

Hello everyone, I'm new to this game and I wonder what will be a good champion to play for a beginner like me. Is Darius a good champion ? Thanks for the advance

RockLobster88

06-19-2012

Any one of the recommended heroes are really good for learning the basics of the game and the applications of abilities. Champions like Ashe, Garen, Soraka, and Annie are relatively cheap and easy to get used to, and still have applications as you reach later levels.

Black Winged One

06-19-2012

Get Ryze, Get Kayle. Rule the world.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Darius is not a good champion, but he is beginner friendly and why I think so is besides the point.

Annie, Nasus, Ryze, and Cho'Gath are all great choices I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, any recommended.

ThienAn1810

06-19-2012

What about Miss Fortune ? I been playing her a lot lately because her long range attacks

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

I'd be worried about what champs not to buy. Most champs can be learned with a little bit of practice, some have some nuances that require you to be an experienced player.

I'd avoid champions with area based skillshots, or champions dependent on skillshots in general.

I wouldn't recommend these champs: Anivia, Brand, Cass, Ezrael, Orianna, Xerath, Katarina

I'd also avoid these champs, because they are currently very underpowered: Evelyn, Heimer, Xin Zhao,

RockLobster88

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Darius is not a good champion, but he is beginner friendly and why I think so is besides the point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28snhq40C8o

RockLobster88

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThienAn1810 View Post
What about Miss Fortune ? I been playing her a lot lately because her long range attacks
Miss Fortune is a good example of a solid AD carry, and if you feel comfortable with her, more power to you! While you do bot games, as well, try to tinker with what items to buy. The recommended items can be good for a while, but don't be afraid to look around the shop and try building different things until you find a good combination.

The Blue Jelly

06-19-2012

Soraka is a good one to get into Support on. She's the strongest sustain support, has free harass, and is arguably impossible to play too poorly on as long as you *use* your spells. She's not the poster-girl for all supports however, so don't let her scare you away from Support. Let Sona, Janna, Taric, Lulu, Ziean, Blitz, Leona, and any of the other supports I'm forgetting do that.

Annie is probably the best person to break you into AP Mid on, as well as a few game mechanics. She teaches you to last hit with her Q, she's got a stacking passive for some depth, and she has one of the scariest bursts in the game- prompted by probably the easiest to understand combo as well (StunBear -> other spells). She's cheap, she's easy, and she doesn't lose any power because of it.

Ashe is Best Carry, only RADC with a safe initiate, and only champion that can initiate from across the map. has a CS->Gold steroid, a permaslow, an AoE slow, and a free CV. She's flat out my favorite RADC. Because Tons of Utility.

Master Yi is probably one of the easiest first junglers you can get, but I'd advise you stay away from jungling till lv10 at least, as the jungle is a rather unforgiving place and runes and masteries make all the difference there.

All of the other Recommendeds are similar to this: Efficient at what they do, not too confusing, but with enough depth to make them strong still even as you advance in the game. Yi's probably the only one that isn't overly viable later, and that's just because his paradigm is hard-countered by team coordination- something which improves with experience (hopefully).

Invictrix

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThienAn1810 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this game and I wonder what will be a good champion to play for a beginner like me. Is Darius a good champion ? Thanks for the advance
When your new ip is a pretty big deal which is why I would recommend the 450 and 1350 ip champions.

Annie and Ryze are both great mages and they are also cheap. Ryze is arguably the best mage in the game right now if that influences you.

Tristana and Alistar are free if you do a few things (like lol on facebook and subscribe to their you tube channel respectively)

For carries Ashe and Sivir are both great. Strangely they aren't the easiest carries to get started with, but they are the best two carries in the game at the moment. Miss Fortune is great and I use her myself all the time, but she is 4800 ip depends how much your willing to save up.

For supports Kayle and Soraka are both great. Kayle is harder to figure out than Soraka though.

For junglers warwick is probably the best jungler for beginners and he is also a beast at solo top. Nunu is pretty good and when you get better with him his support build is pretty good as well. If you want an unusual jungler fiddlesticks is actually pretty cheap to get.

For solo top Garen is pretty good as is Darius, but they are kind of lackluster in higher level play(400-500 games won assuming 50% victory) especially Darius since he has less survivability. I don't play solo top very much so you should probably ask someone else for a more current opinion.

I know a lot of the 6300 ip champions seem really great and some of them are, but they are more expert or complex champions(usually) and some of them are actually quite lackluster.

Hold off on picking out a few of those until you get more familar with the game and learn what you like and don't like.

Finally don't feel like you need every champion if you don't like a champion don't get them. I only have 25 of the 99 champions even though I could get several more with my ip. Also try to get a good mix of champions when you first start picking. Get a carry a mage etc.

Finally on runes don't buy any runes until you get to level 20. When you get to level 20 buy runes based on guides that you use and that you can hopefully use on multiple champions.

Good general runes to have are
Flat armor seals
Magic resist per level glyphs
Flat health quintessences

Red marks are a bit more complicated
Flat ad reds
Magic pen reds
Armor pen reds

It really depends on where your damage is coming from.