Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@RiotNome: Dominion Queue Dodge Penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Spleen Fracture:
And again come play with me if you think you know ****? I never claimed to be a pro player but I do know what I am doing and in almost every game I play better than most everyone else in the game.


Then your elo would be higher, and you would be getting better games.

Every single person who thinks they deserve to be higher thinks this. They willfully ignore that skilled players do rise in elo and presume they are an exception.

I mean, I'm looking through your game history on LoLMatches, and you have stuff like building a Nashor's Tooth on Ziggs. Maybe you were fooling around a little, I dunno, not gonna make any assumptions. But looking at the games you've played you don't look particularly exceptional. Maybe it's different seeing them live, I wouldn't know.

The only way to improve yourself as a player is to accept that you need to improve though. If you're going to just write off people coming in and saying things like "woah woah, Eve is fine dude" and presume that you know better because you're smart, you're going to sit in your elo for a long time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soulxshift

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Spleen Fracture:
Someone clearly doesn't have friends. You are just flat out wrong, this is a game made for entertainment, you shouldnt be forced to play with people you dont want to, and in blind pick que times are like 30 seconds sometimes a little more sometimes way less it doesnt make much difference to me anytime someone else que dodges. Punishing someone for not doing something that in itself is punishing is just cruel and unacceptable.


Quote:
Spleen Fracture:
forget that man, there should be no penalty on dom for que dodging, people treat it as a joke already and if you get someone trying to play eve or some other garbage champ/free play champ on your team you have a right not to waste 15 minutes of your life.

The sad fact is most people who play dominion are terrible and dont know what they are doing, 1/3 games has an afk in it, usually there is at least one idiot on my team who tries their hardest to cost us the match by running straight at the enemy team fighting off tower and other retarded ****.

Dominion is meant to be a fast paced game mode, being able to get in and out quickly is a large part of its appeal if you get penalized for trying to pick your team wisely then why the hell do i still play this game because it seems like riot employees are doing everything they can to take all thought out of the game dumbing it down for the drooling miscreants that haunt the web.

That being said I rarely que dodge but sometimes it needs to be done, sometimes a friend has come online or back from an afk right as I enter champ selection, other times we have some troll trying to pick twitch or eve and expecting me to be cool with rolling 4v5 half the game. Why should I or anyone be punished for that?


how is your account still active... just saying i wouldn't want you in my game's

I guess that the whole q dodge thing is really helping you to not end up in tribunal but I still think that there should b a dodge penalty because while it is helping you it is hurting the vast majority of people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snugglybear

Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Pterodactyl Man:
Then your elo would be higher, and you would be getting better games.

Every single person who thinks they deserve to be higher thinks this. They willfully ignore that skilled players do rise in elo and presume they are an exception.

I mean, I'm looking through your game history on LoLMatches, and you have stuff like building a Nashor's Tooth on Ziggs. Maybe you were fooling around a little, I dunno, not gonna make any assumptions. But looking at the games you've played you don't look particularly exceptional. Maybe it's different seeing them live, I wouldn't know.

The only way to improve yourself as a player is to accept that you need to improve though. If you're going to just write off people coming in and saying things like "woah woah, Eve is fine dude" and presume that you know better because you're smart, you're going to sit in your elo for a long time.


Uhh what I dont recall ever building a nassors on ziggs, that site doesnt have any current data apparently. ELO fails to take into account team dynamic if your team is constantly dead because they take top and run straight to mid alone and walk into an enemy ambush one by one, and you are left alone to D top, are you going to have good ELO? Prolly not, this **** happens to me all day. In summoners rift one or two people can carry the match but in dominion one or two people can ruin the match. There is a bit of luck involved with not getting terrible spare players that has a large impact on your ELO, and you can and do get bogged down by it. I have always said I can play better but come watch me play before you say **** like that. You are casting all kinds of aspersions on me where you have no knowledge, im offering all of you the chance to get some but no takers so far guess you should prolly shut up then huh?


Quote:
soulxshift:
how is your account still active... just saying i wouldn't want you in my game's

I guess that the whole q dodge thing is really helping you to not end up in tribunal but I still think that there should b a dodge penalty because while it is helping you it is hurting the vast majority of people.

My account is still active because I dont give people **** for no reason, I get upset and say words sure, but never unprovoked. Who and more importantly how is it hurting people really explain the mechanics of the match maker to me that one person dodging would reset the que time for another 15 minutes or so, doesnt seem possible unless that person who just dodged was the only person available to fill that slot because hardly anyone is playing in your bracket or whatever. Explain it I defy you to explain this, or play a game with me, if you cant/wont do either then shut up Im not here to insult other people or troll, Im here to combat riots terrible decision making machine, with words and reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Spleen Fracture:
I have always said I can play better but come watch me play before you say **** like that. You are casting all kinds of aspersions on me where you have no knowledge, im offering all of you the chance to get some but no takers so far guess you should prolly shut up then huh?


Sure. I'm not going to be on till later in the day probably, but throw me a friend invite. If I see you in a game I'll hop in and spectate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InglouriousCobb

Recruiter

06-20-2012

Quote:
Spleen Fracture:
Ok people here's the challenge explain to me how que dodge penalties will make the ques shorter?

Riot most certainly owes people something if they pay for their product, what a wonderful world you must live in when your money has no value to you, its amazing how like cattle consumers are, "buy our **** and shut up."

And again come play with me if you think you know ****? I never claimed to be a pro player but I do know what I am doing and in almost every game I play better than most everyone else in the game.


There is a reason its called Free-To-Play because, well, its free to play. No one is forcing you to put money into it. If you do you know exactly what you are getting(i.e.: a rune page, a new skin, a new champion).

Sorry but Eve can be a really good pick, but as always it depends on team comps and the skill of the Eve player. Low ELO players are usually just bad with her, both playing with and against her.

This thread isn't productive because its devolved into you arguing with everyone who doesn't share your opinion.

Once I get on I will friend you and either play one or spectate a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snugglybear

Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
InglouriousCobb:
This thread isn't productive because its devolved into you arguing with everyone who doesn't share your opinion.


Lot of irony up in them hills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaIont

Senior Member

06-20-2012

How about we all realize that people will have separate opinions and there isnt much either side can do to change them. This before this >


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kigrax

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Maybe you should look at the fact that people would rather dodge and use loopholes to avoid playing your game for upwards of an hour due to how toxic the community is (on different levels; there is intentional feeding vs horrible picks/builds, etc) and try to fix that rather than just punishing dodgers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snugglybear

Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Kigrax:
Maybe you should look at the fact that people would rather dodge and use loopholes to avoid playing your game for upwards of an hour due to how toxic the community is (on different levels; there is intentional feeding vs horrible picks/builds, etc) and try to fix that rather than just punishing dodgers.


Well said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Kigrax:
Maybe you should look at the fact that people would rather dodge and use loopholes to avoid playing your game for upwards of an hour due to how toxic the community is (on different levels; there is intentional feeding vs horrible picks/builds, etc) and try to fix that rather than just punishing dodgers.


That is what the tribunal is for. In fact, Pendragon just did a public one, you should check it out.