@RiotNome: Dominion Queue Dodge Penalty

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
No we arent forced but the alternative isnt much better, if you think thats cool then you are a fool. And my ELO is low because I get shafted with terrible players constantly because the ELO system is worthless and fails to take into account any relevant factors that influence the outcome of games. I have played draft as stated, maybe the problem is your matchmaker as I've filed in several reports and not people que dodging which if you think is going to stop when you reinstate the penalties then you are continuing your trend of wrongness to a ridiculous degree.

Come play with me and see.
Or you may be bad at dom and not be able to admit it.

I'll admit I was never anything super special at dom, my best elo, from when Jabebot was around, was 1601. It wasn't much, but it was enough.

When draft was still having decent Queue times for me, roughly 3-5 min, I got to a point were I saw an afk maybe once every 10-20 games, and had an absolutely horrible team (either skill wise or comp wise) even less. I worked my way out of the "bad elo" just as many others have. It can hardly be blamed on everyone else if you can not.

Queue dodge penalties will help entice people to stay in the game lobby. If they afk from there, they get reported and banned. Contrary to the idiots belief, tribunal reports are taken seriously, anyone who looks at the website "headlines" can be re-assured of that. We have all dealt with an AFK or bad team before, and many of us stuck through it. So please, tell me, why should you be exempt from these rules? what makes you so god **** special that you should have the right to Queue dodge and delay the game for 9 other people, biased what is more than likely your opinion on what others should pick, and how they should play when we all follow the rules and tough it out?

I eagerly await you explanation, or judging on all of your response, an attempt to further justify your actions or claim I misquoted you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spleen Fracture

Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man View Post
psssssst

eve is fine on dominion, if you throw a fit because someone picked eve on dom you are the problem, not them

they might be bad at eve, but in dominion it's not eve's fault, it's the player's.
False: you clearly dont know what you are talking about or have never spent any time playing dom or seen anyone play eve(the mobile sight ward). Having someone like eve on your team who has no CC and can not support the team when it is vulnerable is a garbage champion, she is only useful when an enemy is alone or over extended she can do nothing by herself there are few champions any eve player could 1v1, let alone 2v1 something that commonly happens in dom even with a tower an Eve cant defend against 2 champions when there are plenty who could if you know what you are doing. Furthermore eve is a champion that teaches you to play the game wrong by encouraging you to hide and stay out of fights until enemies are weak and roam the map looking for easy kills or trying to ninja cap all of these things will cost a team the game. How dare you say I am the problem, coward, you dont know anything.

Furthermore RiotNome is the thread no longer productive because people arent agreeing with you? because you want to hold onto your previously established viewpoint even though you are unsure of it so you want to distance yourself from arguments against it? "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."--Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

@Helix, you think so why dont you try me? lets play a game. though I doubt you would be able to notice a skilled player based on how little reading comprehension you demonstrate id bet all your powers of perception are lacking. Que dodge penalties wont entice anyone to do anything, there is no evidence to support this claim even when I played tons of summoners rift I would see 5 dodges in a row before we started a game. The real problem is the ELO system and the match maker, but the dodge penalty is a quick fix which suits riots business model i suppose "slap a band-aid on it and apply more as needed" since everything is constantly breaking over and over gain every day you see 3 different notices about rank que being disabled or chat/shop errors. So talk more kid. I got another 2 hours before I can get in the game.

Also bravo for down voting because you simply dont agree with a person, its impressive how little tolerance people have for arguments and reason they feel immediately threatened and have to lash out or run away. Oh No Reason and Logic I MUST FLEE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Eve is fine. Your attitude isn't; knock it off. The team blame that is rife in every post you make is pretty obnoxious, because it's not always going to be your team's fault that you lose, and if you make a positive impact consistently you will easily climb out of that elo bracket.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spleen Fracture

Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Eve is fine. Your attitude isn't; knock it off. The team blame that is rife in every post you make is pretty obnoxious, because it's not always going to be your team's fault that you lose, and if you make a positive impact consistently you will easily climb out of that elo bracket.
Play with me, walk in my shoes, I was courteous and understanding with riot and the bad players i encountered at first but my patience has been maxed out for some time now, I put money into this game, I dont owe you or riot anything, riot owes me something. and "knock it off" really? Why would I listen to you? Your post is condescending as hell, put your money where your mouth is and play with me and my friends. Having a good attitude isnt going to solve anything, it only takes one person to ruin a dom game because it is much more dependent on teamwork than summoners rift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Speaking of mentioning it to Lyte, I also brought it up to him yesterday. The lack of a queue dodge penalty is not intended, and we're looking into it.
v


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Holy ****, this thread got nasty fast o_O

Welp, thanks Nome for looking into this!

I'm just going to sit here and quietly disagree with anyone who thinks no penalty for queue dodging is okay (at 1600 Elo you can easily be in draft queue for 10-15 minutes, which is, incidently, about the length of a Dominion game - and 1600 isn't even that high Elo xP).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Try eu-w, 1400-1500 Elo draft is 15-25 minutes.
I hadn't tried it since >.>

At least now our chat is more active, so we get every other day like 2-3 custom drafts in a row.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
Play with me, walk in my shoes, I was courteous and understanding with riot and the bad players i encountered at first but my patience has been maxed out for some time now, I put money into this game, I dont owe you or riot anything, riot owes me something. and "knock it off" really? Why would I listen to you? Your post is condescending as hell, put your money where your mouth is and play with me and my friends. Having a good attitude isnt going to solve anything, it only takes one person to ruin a dom game because it is much more dependent on teamwork than summoners rift.
This guy is more entertaining than FDru!

Anyway, Queue dodge penalties are needed to prevent the same person from dodging, relogging, and dodging again. You sat through 5 dodges once? so what, I had to sit through 17 dodges, 10 were by the same person.

Also, Riot doesn't owe you anything, no matter how much money you spend on this game. If they decided to shut off the servers and take their bags of money and run, that is their choice and you have no say in it. You don't get to hand choose your teammates, who they play, and how they play. This is all part of the game, if you cannot accept it i suggest you find another game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
False: you clearly dont know what you are talking about or have never spent any time playing dom or seen anyone play eve(the mobile sight ward). Having someone like eve on your team who has no CC and can not support the team when it is vulnerable is a garbage champion, she is only useful when an enemy is alone or over extended she can do nothing by herself there are few champions any eve player could 1v1, let alone 2v1 something that commonly happens in dom even with a tower an Eve cant defend against 2 champions when there are plenty who could if you know what you are doing. Furthermore eve is a champion that teaches you to play the game wrong by encouraging you to hide and stay out of fights until enemies are weak and roam the map looking for easy kills or trying to ninja cap all of these things will cost a team the game. How dare you say I am the problem, coward, you dont know anything.
Your Dominion elo is 1370. http://lolmatches.com/player/na/2025...pleen+Fracture

Mine is around 1988. http://lolmatches.com/player/na/31540/Pterodactyl+Man

inFe eD, who also chimed in to say Eve is fine, is 2487. http://lolmatches.com/player/na/19029734/inFe+eD


You are welcome to level baseless claims like "You don't know what you're talking about", but if you want me to take them seriously you need to provide hard evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have offered some evidence that those criticizing you may have a more solid grasp on the mechanics of high level Dominion play than you do. The choice to step back and ask yourself if we have a point is yours.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spleen Fracture

Member

06-20-2012

Ok people here's the challenge explain to me how que dodge penalties will make the ques shorter?

Riot most certainly owes people something if they pay for their product, what a wonderful world you must live in when your money has no value to you, its amazing how like cattle consumers are, "buy our **** and shut up."

And again come play with me if you think you know ****? I never claimed to be a pro player but I do know what I am doing and in almost every game I play better than most everyone else in the game.


12345678 ... 11