@RiotNome: Dominion Queue Dodge Penalty

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

I support you Xoxex, you clearly have been through the same **** me and my friends go through on a daily basis, i win 1/10 games roughly and only because that's how many games I have to play before the enemy team becomes stupider than my team. Obviously I am not cherry picking teammates as someone foolishly suggested.

I really feel like a dev needs to enter my world and see what me and my friends are dealing with. RiotNome I challenge you to play a few games with me(whenever they fix the que position bug that has me set to join in 2 hours).

FusedPositron

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Sounds like a platform bug. Out of my scope!
How should we report it? Is there a set of diagnostic info to collect to help those guys out?

Javin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
Hi RiotNome,

I don't know if you've seen our meager cries, but many players are frustrated that there is no dodge penalty for dominion games. This has all but destroyed draft queue, as long queue times are then plagued by chain dodges. Since there is no penalty, often times people will jump into queue and get in the exact same game with the exact same people, only to dodge again. This is really frustrating.

After anywhere from 11 minute queues (primetime), to 1 hour or longer queues (early morning), I sometimes spent upwards of 20-30 minutes drafting over and over while people dodge after a solid 4-5 mins of drafting.

High level players are hurt the most, as our queue times are the longest. Most of the high level players have moved to blind for this reason, further turning draft into a desolate wasteland of queue times.

Please help us, oh new savior of Dominion.

In RiotNome's name I pray,
Amen
So there is dodge penalties for blind? I seem to get them. But that being said, I still get a ton of dodges around 2000 elo. LIke 3-5 before the game settles down and everyone stays in.

Ikruti

06-20-2012

I also would like to suggest that we keep Blind Pick with no penalty and Ranked with a penalty. I will readily admit my reason is fairly selfish, I never dodge because of team comp. but I do dodge because my friends love to log in to LOL when I have 5 seconds left in champion selection.

Fortunately I play Blind Pick and since the queue times are significantly lower there, feel that a dodge penalty really isn't needed. However, for Ranked, where the queue times can be extreme and the draft process alone consumes several minutes, a penalty should exist.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
I also would like to suggest that we keep Blind Pick with no penalty and Ranked with a penalty. I will readily admit my reason is fairly selfish, I never dodge because of team comp. but I do dodge because my friends love to log in to LOL when I have 5 seconds left in champion selection.

Fortunately I play Blind Pick and since the queue times are significantly lower there, feel that a dodge penalty really isn't needed. However, for Ranked, where the queue times can be extreme and the draft process alone consumes several minutes, a penalty should exist.
So, you're saying there should be no dodge penalty because of non-important personal things?

Penalties should exist across the board, and double on the fact that you feel you must leave to play with friends...either you wait until they get on, or they can wait until you finish your 10-15 min. match, why should other players be shafted with a dodge because you feel you have something better to do?

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Penalties should exist across the board, and double on the fact that you feel you must leave to play with friends...either you wait until they get on, or they can wait until you finish your 10-15 min. match, why should other players be shafted with a dodge because you feel you have something better to do?
Someone clearly doesn't have friends. You are just flat out wrong, this is a game made for entertainment, you shouldnt be forced to play with people you dont want to, and in blind pick que times are like 30 seconds sometimes a little more sometimes way less it doesnt make much difference to me anytime someone else que dodges. Punishing someone for not doing something that in itself is punishing is just cruel and unacceptable.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

06-20-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
Someone clearly doesn't have friends. You are just flat out wrong, this is a game made for entertainment, you shouldnt be forced to play with people you dont want to, and in blind pick que times are like 30 seconds sometimes a little more sometimes way less it doesnt make much difference to me anytime someone else que dodges. Punishing someone for not doing something that in itself is punishing is just cruel and unacceptable.
No one's forcing you to play with someone you don't want to. But if you're going to delay a game start for 9 other people, then you should be hit with a penalty. Your queue times are low because your Dominion Elo is low. If you played draft at any Elo, or had higher Elo like a lot of the posters in this forum, then you'd have much longer queues.

This thread is becoming unproductive, so this will be my last post on the matter until I receive additional news of the dodge penalty fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedPositron View Post
How should we report it? Is there a set of diagnostic info to collect to help those guys out?
I believe we're aware of this, but you could always post something here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...isplay.php?f=3

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

Quote:
No one's forcing you to play with someone you don't want to. But if you're going to delay a game start for 9 other people, then you should be hit with a penalty. Your queue times are low because your Dominion Elo is low. If you played draft at any Elo, or had higher Elo like a lot of the posters in this forum, then you'd have much longer queues.
No we arent forced but the alternative isnt much better, if you think thats cool then you are a fool. And my ELO is low because I get shafted with terrible players constantly because the ELO system is worthless and fails to take into account any relevant factors that influence the outcome of games. I have played draft as stated, maybe the problem is your matchmaker as I've filed in several reports and not people que dodging which if you think is going to stop when you reinstate the penalties then you are continuing your trend of wrongness to a ridiculous degree.

Come play with me and see.

The problem you guys are all sighting is que times, which has little to do with dodgers really does it? Either the matchmaker is broken and takes too long to set up games or there arent enough people playing to put together a game, in which case a que penalty will do nothing but make the que time longer because its taking someone out of the pool of players.

Noetherian

06-20-2012

Quote:
Speaking of mentioning it to Lyte, I also brought it up to him yesterday. The lack of a queue dodge penalty is not intended, and we're looking into it.
@RiotNome, Thank you very much for your help.

Evelynn Butt

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
forget that man, there should be no penalty on dom for que dodging, people treat it as a joke already and if you get someone trying to play eve or some other garbage champ/free play champ on your team you have a right not to waste 15 minutes of your life.
psssssst

eve is fine on dominion, if you throw a fit because someone picked eve on dom you are the problem, not them

they might be bad at eve, but in dominion it's not eve's fault, it's the player's.

1234567 ... 11