@RiotNome: Dominion Queue Dodge Penalty

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Hi RiotNome,

I don't know if you've seen our meager cries, but many players are frustrated that there is no dodge penalty for dominion games. This has all but destroyed draft queue, as long queue times are then plagued by chain dodges. Since there is no penalty, often times people will jump into queue and get in the exact same game with the exact same people, only to dodge again. This is really frustrating.

After anywhere from 11 minute queues (primetime), to 1 hour or longer queues (early morning), I sometimes spent upwards of 20-30 minutes drafting over and over while people dodge after a solid 4-5 mins of drafting.

High level players are hurt the most, as our queue times are the longest. Most of the high level players have moved to blind for this reason, further turning draft into a desolate wasteland of queue times.

Please help us, oh new savior of Dominion.

In RiotNome's name I pray,
Amen

zionist shill

06-19-2012

I bet people wouldn't dodge you so much if you stopped banning Hec and Singed and let them get Kass Urgot etc.

Smurfs op/circlejerks op

HaIfhearted

06-19-2012

Standard Zenith bans aside, the problem of excessive q-dodging in Dominion still remains.

I'm on board this as well.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

I agree. A penalty needs to be implemented. I have tried migrating back to draft but got fed up with constant dodges.

AgentShorty

06-19-2012

If Riot says that they cant implement a dodge penalty because the community is so small, than why don't they understand that the community will become even smaller if they don't implement a penalty. Penalties don't affect play.

ShawNuff

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentShorty View Post
If Riot says that they cant implement a dodge penalty because the community is so small, than why don't they understand that the community will become even smaller if they don't implement a penalty. Penalties don't affect play.
did they actually ever say that because I don't remember it. Please provide a link.

FDru

06-19-2012

ITT: scaring away the only red who gives a s*** about Dom

Aparkhurst

06-19-2012

As much as we all want dodge penalty back, it isn't in nome's control

Phourc

06-20-2012

It's already been mentioned to Lyte (like... a billion times, but he did notice one):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'll look into this on Monday.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-20-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Speaking of mentioning it to Lyte, I also brought it up to him yesterday. The lack of a queue dodge penalty is not intended, and we're looking into it.

12345 ... 11