Udyr jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

osnapcracklenpop

06-19-2012

IV been jungling with Phoenix stance but IV been told tiger stance is much better for ganking. I'm looking for opinions for what is better to jungle with. What is your input.

FaerellG

06-19-2012

I don't think that's true. Tiger is only better if you build AD. So later game, if you stack AD, you'll do some solid damage, but that makes you squishier.

However, for the ganking phase of the game (early and mid game), you are unlikely to have bought many AD items yet, so Phoenix does fine for damage. It also has lingering AoE damage for when you're running to catch up to someone.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

tiger does have better ganks, because the activation part, but it isn't worth it compared to late game team fights with phoenix

if the activation on phoenix hits even 1 target for all 5 ticks it will out do tiger, if it hits more this is obviously better

phoenix also lets you do constant damage while building sturdy unlike tiger which needs to capitalize on the passive AS so you need build a lot more damage to compare to team fights with phoenix

EDIT: as for the actual jungle, both can clear just fine since phoenix aoe camps down and tiger just clears bigger buffs slightly faster. Phoenix is just the build you normally follow unless you are going tiger since there is no point to have points in the other until you are lvl 13/14+ and even then most people put the last 3 points into it at lvl 15, I just prefer 1 point in tiger at 14 for quicker AS to get phoenix procs more

Scarlet Reaper

06-19-2012

tiger udyr is SLIGHTLY better at ganking, but that is cause for speculation. In phoenix, you can still run along side them doing damage.

Eviolite Scyther

06-19-2012

With Tiger, you can run away from them and still do damage. Just saying.