TT Rant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

09-02-2012

Nome, can you give us any information about current work on the TT?

Puffball

09-11-2012

Why not change the path minions take to get to the final turret. Instead of having them loop around close to the fountain, why not have them loop down more towards the direction of the nexus. This would make it much harder for a team to lead minions to the fountain because they would have to walk out farther, making it harder to retreat back to the fountain if the other team jumps on you.

Ohhgrr

09-13-2012

Thoughts on 2 changes?

1: Make the turret de-activate or reduced to normal turret damage/no healing when 3 members of the opposite team are within the base area.
A fight at base turret is essentially game over in SR unless very close, I see no difference why the same should not be in TT.

2: significantly enhance super minions.
As it is now, having super minions spawning on your team is a detriment instead of an advantage, it allows the enemy team to easily farm the increasingly pushed wave. Super minions in SR pose a real threat, if left unattended stacked waves of super minions can clear turrets and bases- it's currently too easy to fend off both waves of super minions at once whilst also engaging the enemy team at turrets/fountain on TT.

Rockaqt

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
The intended range would have the laser hit just outside the edge of the circular spawn platform, so that the laser will just barely outrange the healing area. Currently, the blue laser is hitting the edge of the steps.

I honestly disagree with "nerfing" the laser ranges why you ask?

For one: If you push a game all the way and kill their inhibs obviously not pushing for a win they will turtle, it's part of threes it's an absolute nono and if you do it well, i have news for you....

Two: It needs to be as long as it is because the buy range is at the edge of the inner steps

Three: If you nerf the damage on the super turret then obviously people won't care anymore and run in like "voli" for that matter and flip them out. (Even though I have done this many of times or a darius pull for that matter)

Four: Turtling is part of threes and has been around for a very long time I feel that if you were to nerf it you would lose some of your 3's community because there is ALWAYS a chance to win in 3's it's never over till the final turret in base is down. I love 3's because of that and so does alot of the community.

If you don't want turtling go back to 5's its a different game, or dominion for that matter. The thing is that ALL 3 gametypes ARE different and they have their own little quirks that make them what they are. People like myself enjoy those little things and it makes it different.

Spoogeanator

09-14-2012

@Riotnome
The more TT I play the less I think that it has any serious problems. Fix the few buggy things and otherwise leave it alone in my opinion. Players have to rely on strategies to balance the map rather than you guys; it's fun.