TT Rant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Houston

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttcrusha View Post
OK @RiotNome i play an extreme amount of ranked 3v3 with my team, we have about 3 teams at 1500 elo, and this is how you could fix the turtling issue on 3's. The 2 main problems are the fact that the laser is really unrelible, sometimes it hits the people on the 1st step, other times people can run straight up it, almost to the area where people are healing.. The other issue is the fact at how close the turret is (or how close the minions travel to the well on their way to the turret) if you had the minion's path go down about 3-4 steps for minions.. it would make it alot harder to pull, but balancing it by giving them enemy team more time to kill the minions.. and with the laser range being reduced would also increase the potency on pulling minions to turtle..

Just some ideas..
The best way to move the pathing of the minions and still have them attack the turret is to switch the position of nexus and turret.

Guys, lets think about this logically. What is the function of the turret? Its not there to clear minion waves, this is an unintended side effect of the map being so small. It is also not there to drag champions into for quick kills. Its purpose (from my understanding) is to have a completely safe place for you and your team. On summoners rift, the fountain can go an entire game without being used, because there is no reason for anyone to go back there. Something has to be done about the need for champions to even go near it. Changed pathing? Map extension? Move the fountain alltogether? I liked the idea of the bridge into the base in addition to switching around the turret and nexus position(Maybe because i proposed it). Now that i think about it, TT is the only map (Like there is a whole lot of them ) where the nexus is closer to the enemy base than the last turret needed to destroy said base. If you change the position of the base turret and the nexus then add a bridge to the base turret,this would eliminate the need for champions to even go back there thus eliminating the turtling issue!

Aeaeros

06-21-2012

This is a dumb question, but why isn't the jungle buff(s) stronger?

Hollowchazz

06-21-2012

idk have turtled a couple times but we still loss, just cuz the other team owned all the jungle mobs...the most annoying problem is people afking/d/cing right at the start! in a 3v3 it is really hard to win 2v3. in 5v5 its still possible to win 4v5 hell ive seen it happen

BioHazardous

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
If they are turtling, stop killing their inhibitors. Farm in the jungle and get all the buffs. If you have to, 3 man dive their nexus, and even if all 3 of you die, if you destroy it and all your towers are up it's worth it.
Not always with the extremely long respawn timers on TT if you do dive for the Nexus you can end up losing the game if the have people with MS buffs like Nunu Sivir Gangplank Etc. But sometimes it is worth it.

BioHazardous

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowchazz View Post
idk have turtled a couple times but we still loss, just cuz the other team owned all the jungle mobs...the most annoying problem is people afking/d/cing right at the start! in a 3v3 it is really hard to win 2v3. in 5v5 its still possible to win 4v5 hell ive seen it happen
I have seen that to. Me and my friends went on SR with 4 of us and one random person. They picked Kat and left at about 7 minutes in with around 6 deaths how did she feed that much? Idk. But our mid got fed, bot eventually turned things around and our tank, Olaf, owned 50% of them because of his passive. He was saying ooo im useless all i do is die. But we aced them multiple times. But in a 2v3 it is Impossible I was fed the other was doing good but because they had more people they had more damage. So we lost.

PurpleURP

06-22-2012

nome,
if you decrease the heal rate in the fountain that will literally change the whole meta
think about the consequeses
every time you back it will take longer to get back into the feild of play
so good early game champions will have a much bigger advantage as they can force their opponents to back early, which would take longer, giving them an even bigger advantage than before
jax and riven already op enough,
just think twice is all im saying

Borand

06-28-2012

RiotNome, any updates for us?

Drunar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

Alright Riot. I don't play TT all too often but whenever I do I see these issues. Normally I wouldn't think too much of them but then I realize that TT has been out for OVER A YEAR. If you really cared at all about the map some sort of change would have already happened.

If you don't care about TT as a map just say so. Its rather frustrating when the company states that there is a problem over a year ago and still does nothing about it.

footfoe

07-04-2012

I gotta agree with this. The nexus turret is right next to the fountain. you need to Ace out in the map before you can ever hope to push the nexus.

Will riot listen to us? Just move the fountain back, like alot.

Summerfest

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I've found that a big component of the turtling issue on Twisted Treeline likely stems from the meta. Without a ranged AD, pushing becomes much more difficult. The solution to this won't just be to switch building positions (which we've already tried internally), or extending the map (which actually makes it HARDER to push, as the travel time between bases is increased). There needs to be a more holistic design pass over the map.
Just set up the death lazor platform up the same way it is on Summoner's rift. Issue fixed.

Carries like Tristana can make winning impossible. If you take that inhibitor but fail to finish it's game over.

She'll free farm all day. Sure your bruiser team is tanky enough to survive focusing her down in the open but not to tank her while rushing a tower. She can safely melt you under the protection of that lazor.