Cassiopeia Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

06-19-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Another exclusively top Cass player, huh Rickless?

Have you tried maxing Twin Fangs first? Once the Windmill skirmish goes full-blown, the DPS you can put out from E spam really helps change the tide of the fight.
twin fang spam can be very dangerous, especially early game. i'd only want to max it first if i had the right teammates to 'wall' for me, and/or the enemy team didn't have guys that would jump at the chance to gap close versus cassi. i'd never max twin fangs first by default.

Kooloo Limpah

06-19-2012

If you play her mid, which is where she should be played, the skill order of priority is R > Q > E > W.
There is no specific combo, but her spells are all used. Cassiopeia's q and w can both be used to check bushes. Q is used for damage (primarily harass) and w is used as an aoe slow. Her E is spammed on a poisoned target once you commit to the fight.

MAKE SURE THAT when you ult, they are facing you. it makes the difference between a stun and a slow. A great 60% slow, but stun > slow.

When i play cass, this is my skill order:
Level 1- Q
Level 2- W
Lvl 3- Q
Lvl 4- E
lvl 5- Q
lvl 6- R
Max Q then E then W while always taking ulti ranks

Volandum

06-19-2012

Guys, guys. We're still on the Dominion forums here.

I start with QWE if I go top, then level E.

Chevalle

06-20-2012

So many stalk red posts and reply to sound smart.

Except it's Dominion forums, so then they sound really stupid. ♥

Roundabout

06-20-2012

But it's so fun to laugh at their expense though.

Silverbel

06-20-2012

EDIT: Oops, look which forum I'm in.

My bad.

Redenbacher

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Positioning and kiting.
As you already know, you can't go toe-to-toe with a lategame fed AD of any type as Cass.
What you CAN do is hang back behind the tank, and poke people from a safe distance.

If they manage to gap-close to you, start kiting.
Q is a speed-boost if you land it on an enemy champion, and W is an AoE slow.

Just keep back-peddling while dropping Q's, W's, and E's on your chaser.
It's usually all you can do at that point while you wait for someone to peel your attacker off of you.

If you're against an Akali, get a Megatron Cloak and upgrade it to an Abyssal, OR get a Chalice.

Against physical attackers of any type I would recommend picking up Wardens Mail once they start
becoming a problem.
Don't bother upgrading it to Randuins except as a 6th item though.
Yea, that's basically what I was doing. That's reassuring - at least I'm on the right track.

Kiting effectively is a challenge at times, especially when smart-casting E on an enemy that is just at the edge of the ability's range. Sometimes I'll need half of a second for them to get in range, plus the cast time, before I turn back to continue moving away, but I click to move before the cast completes.

I also notice her Ult seems to not function well with her other abilities. I'm not sure what it is, but there isn't a smooth transition from using the ultimate, to continued casting of other abilities. There's a very disruptive delay, but maybe that's just me.

HaIfhearted

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
twin fang spam can be very dangerous, especially early game. i'd only want to max it first if i had the right teammates to 'wall' for me, and/or the enemy team didn't have guys that would jump at the chance to gap close versus cassi. i'd never max twin fangs first by default.
What you just said about Twin Fang spam can be said for nearly every ranged AD in the game.

Twin Fang has about the same range as Kog'maw with W active or max level Tristana.
As a fairly experienced Kog player I'm usually able to position in such a way that there is no real reason for me to *not* spam it.

The power of Twin Fang spam is what sets Cass apart from the other APs.

If you want to play the poking game but are too afraid to take advantage of that awesome early-mid game DPS weapon, you should probably switch to something like Brand or Ziggs.

Volandum

06-20-2012

Remember halfhearted spell ranges are effectively 100 or so shorter than auto ranges. But yeah, it's not normally that hard to get into a position to E people.

Alex Dude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

this is a dom-bottom-specific Cass tip

if you start with catalyst and keep Q at rank 1, you can constantly spam Q without stopping ever as long as you keep your passive up (use W or E and you either drain your mana or need to get a relic)