Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cassiopeia Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

06-19-2012

I decided, just for the hell of it, to pick up Cassiopeia last night. I've been itching for a high skill-cap AP champion that simply feels rewarding when played well, and isn't Orianna. I took her in to a few bot games to get a handle on how her kit works, and it seems fairly straightforward. Land everything, kite forever, win. Miss your combo, get blown up.

I never realized how incredible her passive was for sustained damage.

I know there are some very skilled Cass players in Dominion; I've watched some streams by Nekrogen, among other 'tube videos and spectating.

In the few games I've played, my build has been sorc shoes, revolver, rylai's, deathcap. Q, in conjunction with E seems to give her high sustained damage without needing CDR. How true is that?

Is there a specific combo to use? It occurred to me that early, in lane, you want to land Q, then E once or twice, then W for the reduced mana cost from passive (as its the most expensive), followed by E's and another Q. Naturally, R as necessary when you can ruin multiple enemies' day.

Any specific markers that differentiate the good Cass from the great Cass?

FDru

06-19-2012

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Any specific markers that differentiate the good Cass from the great Cass?

Can you smartcast twin fang? Yes? YOU ARE A ****ING AMAZING CASS HOLY ****

Other than that, don't ult their backs.

DiscworldDeath

06-19-2012

Get several levels in W to begin with over Q, it'd do more to push the lane and to save you.

Warrrrax

06-19-2012

I am a bit torn on what skills to level. Boosting the Miasma gives the most bang for the ranking point, but I wind up using it more to cover bottom bushes and prevent enemy from hiding than for actual damage and pushing. Just 1 rank of it works fine for that purpose and to poison the enemy so I can punish them.

Ranking Twin Fang is what I usually do. Bad pushing skill but really strong anti-champ, esp with miasma poisoning them when they get hit by it.

Ranking Q is more of a general purpose buff. It gives you less effective AP worth of damage boosting, but works for both pushing creeps and damaging the enemy.

Redenbacher

06-19-2012

Well, according to FDru, I'm already a pro Cass player. I guess I don't need to read any more advice!

Joking aside, I hadn't thought about ranking Miasma for pushing. Of course, I was facing bots... so killing them is an easy priority... E and Q took the ranks.

That is one thing I observed when playing - all of her abilities are about on par with one another. Also, with the flat CD of 3 seconds on Q, you don't need to keep sinking points in to it to maintain the DoT for E spam.

When I get to playing some real games, I think I'll try a R>E=W>Q order. Of course, since they all seem to be equally viable abilities with a specific purpose for each, remaining flexible is an option. I like that.

Do the two poisons stack?

DiscworldDeath

06-19-2012

The two poisons stack. I think.

I usually leave Miasma at level 3 or so and then max Twin Fang.

Volandum

06-19-2012

The two poisons stack.

I normally rank E>Q>W top lane, bot lane you usually still want to get E quickly so you can fight.

Here's a game where I get carried really hard by a good Cass: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/519464/

Nyx87

06-19-2012

Quote:
Volandum:
The two poisons stack.

I normally rank E>Q>W top lane, bot lane you usually still want to get E quickly so you can fight.

Here's a game where I get carried really hard by a good Cass: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/519464/

After Xerath swapped to bot, that game became "protect the cass". Much fun was had!

Alex Dude

06-19-2012

-all of Cassiopeia's poisons do damage completely independently... so not only do Q and W stack but if you manage to double-Q someone or double-W someone (you'd need CDR which I don't recommend) all of your skills will do full damage
-if you cast Q and then really quickly cast E and point-blank range, your E could hit before Q does and not refresh, so wait a bit if in melee range (0.2 seconds would be enough)

judge these on your own style of playing her:
-I've found that at least one mana item, such as RoA, is helpful because I find I go oom in the middle of fights even if I start at full mana without boosted mana (regen wouldn't help in this case)
-personally I don't find the slow from Rylai's do be all that good (use it if you like it but keep in mind all her moves including E only apply 15% slow, and this does not fully stack with W)

against Noc/Siv: W will go through shield it will poison and if u use E even if it gets shielded it will refresh

HaIfhearted

06-19-2012

I prefer to take Cassiopea top.

Her early game damage output and harassment is extremely potent, so having a good Cass goes a long way towards winning the windmill fight.

My start is Sorcs/2 health/3 mana, then grab a Haunting Guise or Sweeper depending on whether there are stealthers or not.
I get WoTA next for the sustain+aura, and then either a chainvest or megatron depending on what's killing.