Questionable ryze build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

06-19-2012

So we had a ryze that started 1/6 to brand. THen he gets mid to late and ends up 19/12/14

He had sorc, 3 arch angels, FH and BV

I know he goes nuts off of mana but never heard someone doing that many archs. THis viable?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Its not really a good idea, but it can work depending on his build order.

He was smart enough to cover the basics though. He has Frozen Heart for mad armor, mana, CDR, and Banshee's for health, mana, MR and shield. Thats really everything Ryze needs to be quite tanky and still have decent mana and firepower.

If he went with those first, then he built correctly. He decided to go with pure firepower over spell vamp or sharing (Will of Ancients), or continuing to tank up (rod of ages, abyssal, etc)

So at that point he has quite a bit of mana, so tear to AA is a pretty cost effective upgrade. Especially now after the latest 2 rounds of nerfings. It costs like 1700g and adds 50 mana, 150ish AP (worth 3000g).

After that, I can see more Archangels working fine if he is still owning and doesn't need the extra survivability or more spell vamp. AA is the best way for him to add cost effective damage. At 2800g each, it gives 400 mana and 170ish AP. The extra mana also bumps Ryze damage as well as synergizes with the other AAs.

So he winds up with like a 4400 mana pool, meaning each AA is giving 177 (3% of 4400 +45) AP which is pretty impressive (plus the 400 mana).

--------
Still, I would have considered a Deathcap as the 6th item though. Costs 50% more, but with 2 AAs and 4000 mana, he'd have a good 300+ AP. Deathcap would add about 290 AP (150 plus 30% of 450) which would have more impact than the 3rd AA.

Amoc

06-19-2012

It's viable, I suppose, if Ryze is being protected properly and the other team doesn't focus him, but it's probably not the smartest thing to do most of the time. Realistically, for a game to go long enough for him to build 3 AA staves, it must have been a cluster**** to begin with. A Ryze with that build would be WAY to easy to kill in a typical game, because other than Banshee's and FH, he has nothing to keep himself alive. In a later game teamfight, he'd get absolutely crushed by focus. He has neither the health, resists, nor the spell vamp he'd need to survive it.