Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seriously? I don't get reduced ELO loss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

06-18-2012

2 games that had 3 disconnects on my team IN A ROW. I lose almost 30 elo for that ****? Why is there nothing in place for this?

Aikimiller

06-19-2012

Because if they implemented it a loss reduction for AFK/DCs, then trolling your team hard enough to get someone to leave when your team is losing a ranked game becomes not only viable, but optimal.

The only viable way to implement a system like this would be to have every game it applied to reviewed by a human being, which is an incredibly labour intensive process. The only way to even consider doing it would be to implement it through the tribunal, and allow them to weed out people who troll- which leaves you with a system where either your elo could change unexpectedly 4-6 weeks after you play because it takes time to get through the tribunal system, and means a pretty drastic change to the implementataion of the tribunal- as you'd need to implement punish options for not only the reported person, but possible trolls as well.

Onerblack

06-19-2012

Quote:
Dane Belthound:
2 games that had 3 disconnects on my team IN A ROW. I lose almost 30 elo for that ****? Why is there nothing in place for this?

That makes sense... But it's hard to fix this without problems at all just like our friend up here said.

It's just complicated...

Hirumonogatari

06-19-2012

What they should really do is come up with a karma system. that way, constant leavers will play only with constant leavers and will leave the rest of us alone.