Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Avalon, The Clockwork Artifact

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iminonai

06-18-2012

Other Champ(s): Chiir0n's Champion Concepts (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2220785)

Weapon(s): Avalon throws a small orb of electricity for his auto attack.

Concept Art: http://mercc1.deviantart.com/art/automaton-301167419?q=boost%3Apopular%20automaton%20man&qo=14

Style: Ranged, Mage

Base Stats:

Damage: 44(+2.6 / per level)
Health: 385(+79 / per level)
Mana: 250 (+50 / per level)
Move Speed: 300
Armor: 8(+3 / per level)
Magic Resist: 30(+0 / per level)
Health Regen: 5.95(+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen: 7(+0.5 / per level)

Lore:

There are stories of inventions made by many who have passed. The people of Valoran had passed many of them off as mere myths and legends told by old men. One such contraption was an artificial human being, made from machinery. There was one failed attempt, produced by the mad scientist Viktor, which has come to be called Blitzcrank. Many in Valoran had met the abomination, and were disgusted by the sight of it. Then, along came Orianna, The Lady of Clockwork, brought back to life by her grief-stricken father, Corin Reveck. Even though this was an almost-perfect attempt at creating a human from machinery, many people in Valoran were still disgusted, by the "soulless clockwork shell" Corin had created.

Avalon was "created" in different circumstances, by a sorcerer calling upon a spirit to inhabit his machinery. Avalon had always been a free-roaming spirit since his death several hundred years earlier, in the Shadow Isles. Avalon has never remembered, nor cared to try to, the details of his demise. One space of time, Avalon was traveling across the land of Valoran (though he didn't care of the name, as it was an enjoyable place to travel) when he heard the most exquisite sound, the calling of the sorcerer's voice. The sound was unbelievably beautiful, and Avalon was lured to it, like a moth to a flame. Once Avalon had arrived where the sound was emanating from, he found his vision turning black and then reappearing in a multitude of colors, all distorted, as he was now trapped in the machine form of the android the sorcerer had enticed him into. After realizing what had happened, Avalon broke free of his summoner's control and slew him in a single blow. He was enraged he could no longer freely roam the land and was stuck in a physical body again. He traveled many days aimlessly, until his machine form was severely weakened. As he was about to collapse, he realized he had wandered into some ruins. He thought for a minute and the name Urtistan appeared in his head, though he had no knowledge of how or why. He approached a mysterious tower which had a clock on it. As he struggled to get inside, an ethereal voice spoke, as if all around him, in him, and next to him all at the same time. "Machine, what purpose do you have to interrupt my research?". Avalon was extremely weak at this point and could not respond, but suddenly his machinery felt like it was repairing itself and becoming like new again. "Now that I have sufficiently reversed the effect on your body, what is your purpose, machine?". Avalon thought for a moment before deciding to respond. "I have no purpose, Master Zilean." Avalon was confused as to where this knowledge came from. Zilean responded "What has become of my "esteemed" protegee, Banor?". Avalon recognized this name somehow and told Zilean, "He has trapped me in this infernal body of machinery and I have slain him." Zilean gave an irritated huff. "I already knew this, and I had seen this coming for a while now, come Avalon. You and I have much to discuss." The door to the clock tower opened, and Avalon walked inside. Avalon now feels he has a purpose again, as he is participating in the League of Legends, after Zilean told him what is going to happen in the future and decided that Avalon joining the League is the best choice of action.

"He is quite a fine specimen of techmaturgy. Perhaps I will get the chance to 'Upgrade' him someday" - Heimerdinger - The Revered Inventor

"I will enjoy pitting my machines against this one." Viktor - The Machine Herald

Abilties

465393[Passive] Techmaturgy

Avalon's movement speed increases by 1 for every 8 ability power he has.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

465391[Q] Electro Pulse 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 sec. cooldown

Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range:650

Avalon casts a surge of energy at target enemy dealing 75/115/155/195/235 (+0.7 AP) magic damage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

465394[W] Artificial Intelligence 8 sec. cooldown

Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range: 625

Passive: Avalon gains .5%/1%/2%/4%/6% increase in his ability power.

Active: Avalon sends out a wave of energy dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.6 AP) as magic damage, stunning all of the enemies in the radius for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.

465390[E] Disassemble 20/14/12/10/8 sec. cooldown

Cost: 0 Mana
Range: Self-Cast

Avalon falls apart, becoming untargetable for the next 2 seconds, Avalon is able to move his parts during this time. After the duration, Avalon reassembles at his current location, becoming targetable again.

465392[R] Super Charge 120/105/90 sec. cooldown

Cost: 100 Mana
Range: 5500

Avalon opens up his chest to reveal his power core, and channels for 1.5 seconds to charge a major ball of unstable energy. After the channel, this ability is fired at target location and deals 200/325/450 (+0.7 AP) magic damage to enemy champions in the radius and silencing them for 1/1.5/2 seconds.

Advanced Tactics

There are several ways to burst with Avalon, but these are the main three.

(1) Disassemble -> Artificial Intelligence -> Electro Pulse -> Super Charge
(2) Electro Pulse -> Artificial Intelligence -> Super Charge
(3) Super Charge -> Disassemble -> Artificial Intelligence -> Electro Pulse

(1) In-Depth:
Avalon gets into position with Disassemble, followed by stunning the target(s) with Artificial Intelligence, casting an Electro Pulse, and finishing off the enemy at great range with Super Charge.

(2) In-Depth:
Avalon harasses the enemy into a burstable range of HP, then stuns them with Artificial Intelligence, finishing with Super Charge to inflict the final blow at great range.

(3) In-Depth:
Avalon opens up (usually initiating a teamfight) with Super Charge, followed by getting into position with Disassemble, stunning his target(s) with Artificial Intelligence, and finishing a single target off with Electro Pulse.

Other:

Champion Selected: "Avalon.exe has been executed."

Movement Dialogue:
"Avalon follows orders."
"Avalon is moving to specified location"
"Avalon is computing..."
"*Avalon's actual voice* Are you sure you can handle this, Summoner?"

Death Dialogue:

*Dial up tone, shortly after being cut off*

Joke: "Error 404, Joke.exe not found"

Taunt: "Avalon's processing power is worth over 9000 humans"

Dance: The Robot

Iminonai

06-18-2012

Bumpity Bump Bump. New champ needs new views!

Yelling Guy

06-18-2012

What sort of cooldowns, aoe's, and ranges for these skills were you thinking of, in terms of small or large, circle, line, etc? Also, a bit afraid of the 800-ap build that gets +500 movespeed... That's some scary stuff xD

A 3 seconds aoe stun is very powerful... the most powerful in the game if I recall correctly 0_o

he feels very vanilla for a caster, which isn't a problem, but I feel as if you could've tied his power into his movespeed somehow, as he'll be running around faster than rammus if he builds heavy ap. For example; Disassemble could carry his 'momentum' in a forward tackle, like gragas; if you're running in a direction, it goes a distance based on movespeed, damaging enemies it passes through?

Iminonai

06-18-2012

meh, it was made at 1o clock in the morning, give me time to think.

edited movespeed ratio to a 1:8 scale

His passive and Disassemble were meant to be his defense/utility abilities. Purely for escaping and staying alive in fights.

I see no reason to decrease the length of the stun, veigar's is a 2.5 second, I see no difference if Avalon has less damage with more CC

Brokane

06-18-2012

I love the concept and the champion idea, but his Q and W seem a bit... lacking. They're just kind of lame. I think Q should be revamped or given an additional feature. In addition, his skills don't really seem to match with his passive. Otherwise, great work, I love the voice lines and lore!

Claije

06-18-2012

His passive is pretty ridiculous. Reaching 800 AP isn't hard, and that'd get him a spare 500 to reach something around 1000 without any additional buffs (especially when you include the passive AP increase from his W). Take into account he also has an AOE stun and his chasing power would be silly. EDIT: Lol I'm slow.

Speaking of Stuns, Most stuns don't pass 2 seconds. Something Closer to .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 would be more reasonable. If he gets to stun at all with his passive.

I like the concept of Disassemble, and wanted to make a champion based around it entirely. But when you're not based entirely around it and you can't move, the only worthwhile uses are to Dodge Pokes and Ulti's, and Wait for Help. I expect some people would be dumb enough to drop it in a team-fight and get their team obliterated by them not being around to help. It's almost a Zhonya's so I suppose there's no problem with having it. But it'd be better if it say, repaired some when he reassembled (which would make sense) as well as allowing him to regen passively or more during the duration of the disassemblance

And his ult. The Channel is a bit long. But I guess it makes sense if the range is long. If the range Isn't very long I'd say shorten the channel, but with a long range it's a pretty sick pre-teamfight poke so your tank can initiate. The only problem is the opponents would either see it coming and run, or you'd be a kushbush sniper.

Iminonai

06-18-2012

Quote:
Claije:

I like the concept of Disassemble, and wanted to make a champion based around it entirely. But when you're not based entirely around it and you can't move, the only worthwhile uses are to Dodge Pokes and Ulti's, and Wait for Help. I expect some people would be dumb enough to drop it in a team-fight and get their team obliterated by them not being around to help. It's almost a Zhonya's so I suppose there's no problem with having it. But it'd be better if it say, repaired some when he reassembled (which would make sense) as well as allowing him to regen passively or more during the duration of the disassemblance

And his ult. The Channel is a bit long. But I guess it makes sense if the range is long. If the range Isn't very long I'd say shorten the channel, but with a long range it's a pretty sick pre-teamfight poke so your tank can initiate. The only problem is the opponents would either see it coming and run, or you'd be a kushbush sniper.

I never said you couldn't move during Disassemble but I guess I could clear that up.

The range is going to resemble ziggs' bomb meets Pantheon's ult

Iminonai

06-18-2012

Quote:
ka3n:
I love the concept and the champion idea, but his Q and W seem a bit... lacking. They're just kind of lame. I think Q should be revamped or given an additional feature. In addition, his skills don't really seem to match with his passive. Otherwise, great work, I love the voice lines and lore!

Once again, my champion was born at 1oclock in the morning, give me time 2morrow

Yelling Guy

06-18-2012

Nothing wrong with having the most powerful stun in the game, as long as it balances out. I'm not criticizing you or your work, just looking into your design flow to see how you wanted him to play - right now he doesn't really fit any sort of niche other than 'get big ap and run into the enemy team' - which might be fine balance-wise, but isn't exactly the most exciting playstyle :P

Maybe I should come at it from this direction: Is there anything in particular you want him to do better, or any design you want to emulate in particular?

Veinhoff

Recruiter

06-19-2012

Stats : You could probably buff your base attack damage, as your stats are really low.
Lore : Nice lore, original and linked with champions of the League. Thumbs up for that!
Innate : This is nice. If you have 400 AP, you'll get 50 additional movement speed from it, which is good but not OP, as his basic movement speed is really low.
Q : Quite simple, but nice anyway. Good damage output. CD? Cost? Range?
W : As it's AoE and it deals nice damage, I don't suggest putting a 3 seconds stun (one of the longest stuns of the game, and it's AoE) on this normal ability, it would really be overpowered. A fixed 1 or 1.5 second stun would be more balanced.
E : This is nice, it's a great escape for sure.
R : As a 3 seconds channel is really long, I think this ability is really nice.
Quotes : Your quotes are great and fun ^^. Thumbs up!

Overall, this champion has a great lore and great quotes, but his abilities are a bit too simple. Still, he seems like a fun champion.

If you'd like to take a look at my champion, Harope, here's the link! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2220480&highlight=harope