Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Support Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Screamshot21

06-18-2012

Around summoner level 25 at the moment, looking into starting ranked as soon as I can with runes and whatnot. I've been playing a lot of support lately, namely Soraka and Janna.

I was wondering what's up with support, as in, I see a lot of Soraka in higher levels, not too much Janna. Is it because the mitigation just isn't as strong as the regen? Or is she banned rather often?

Also, was looking at possibly Taric/Kayle for a more offensive support role, but I'm not sure how effective that is in higher ranks.

Just looking for some feedback.

Scarlet Reaper

06-18-2012

imo janna is one of the better support champs because of all of the utility and CC she brings to the team. she is very viable. If you want an agressive support, go for alistar.

midillusion

06-19-2012

Both Janna and Soraka are amazing defensive support champions. Personally, I prefer Soraka because her silence is better for stopping the more aggressive supports, but Janna is considered better because she has more CC (it's almost impossible to gank a Janna bot lane).

You are right you should learn some more aggressive supports as well, so I would recommend learning Leona and Blitzcrank for that role. Taric is a nice all-rounder support, able to play both defensive and offensive, but generally, you want a support who excels in either defensive or offensive play, which is why you don't see Taric too often. As for Kayle, she is strong early game, but has no scaling into late-game in a support capacity, and while her ulti is amazing, there are still better supports out there to use.