Why aren't people good at every role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vHopev

06-20-2012

I, myself, Main all the supports and if necessary i take up the other roles other's don't want. I don't believe this is an issue riot can fix accurately because people will always have their favorite roles and will always call them out to be them.

Skagwatcher

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
I just say "ad preferred" before I go into a queue, that way they know what I'm best with, but also that I can do anything else.
This. As an AD main, i'm obviously best with AD. Doesn't mean I absolutely can't play anything else.

Howdoyadothat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

IMHO it may not be that they aren't good at it, they just don't enjoy doing it. It doesn't bring them any satisfaction to kill people or tank turrets, they are proud to be the reason you won a team fight because they warded and provided utility such as auras, debuffs or cc.

Shinako

06-20-2012

Unfortunately people always want to play the high-damage roles so that their egos feel good. "I'm so pro, look how much damage I do"

I always get stuck as support cause no one else wants to play it. My AD carry skills are really suffering because I never get to practice it on my team. Therefore, when I do get to play AD carry, I don't do as well, and no one will let me play it again.

Vizzlepeez

06-20-2012

No dmitril i want u to be versatile becuz ur gonna be at the bottom of a queue and someone takes top from u and u become a liability and not an asset, which goes to my overall point of making this thread

Influence Point

Master Recruiter

06-20-2012

i play any role, although im stronger in solo lanes, i still manage to do very well in duo lanes.

it just sickens me when i see someone that join in and autolocks brand, and says "Mid or feed" when we already had a LB mid... then LB complains about how she cant play any other role so then we end up with 2 AP mid champions laning.

i honestly dodge half the games i play (Regular, not ranked) because of the team comp we usually get...

no one is willing to step out of their comfort zone, and they just let it limit them.

everyone feels comfortable playing that AD Squishy, so they only play AD carry on bottom lane, when they get into a game with more people like that you end up with a team of 5 AD carry's and at the end of the game they blame everyone else.

johnsupel

06-20-2012

ok i know alot of people will be pissed at me but i cant do ad carry unless it is mf that is the only postion i have true problems with is ad carry my support is ok not great but suffecint my jungle is pretty awesome my mid is good unless i play against mord also my top is just fantastic i mostly try to play top but if they need a mid jungle or support i will try but it is hard to support without many supportish champs only ones i got are poppy which is debatley a top champ to and sorka but i have a great mid which is akali which just destroys about everyone but mord and brand and if i am counter picking and i see that i just go kennen and then my top is great ie kennen irelia vlad and voli i used to use gp but since the nerf not as much i like safe picking gailo for mid somtimes just because he is so hard to kill and has great farm with a blue also i have a great shaco jungle also a great shyvana jungle which i always try to counter jungle with both by starting at there red then picking up our blue real quick then going to our red (i only do that when i have a premade team not just with randoms) and also my ad carry is just dreadful cuz i cant play ashe or vayne dont understand cait very well graves is now nerfed and kog is just ganked so much cuz his late game potential and then when i go mf i usally get a sucky support so i just leave bot to itself unless i am supporting.

finally ty all for taking the time to read this whole thing and the reason i wrote such a long reply is my que to login stil has ****ing 1 hour and 45 mins to go i think for listening to my rage kinda and my explantion

Raivix

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehReview View Post
i play any role, although im stronger in solo lanes, i still manage to do very well in duo lanes.

it just sickens me when i see someone that join in and autolocks brand, and says "Mid or feed" when we already had a LB mid... then LB complains about how she cant play any other role so then we end up with 2 AP mid champions laning.

i honestly dodge half the games i play (Regular, not ranked) because of the team comp we usually get...

no one is willing to step out of their comfort zone, and they just let it limit them.

everyone feels comfortable playing that AD Squishy, so they only play AD carry on bottom lane, when they get into a game with more people like that you end up with a team of 5 AD carry's and at the end of the game they blame everyone else.
It's weird. You talk about people not being willing to step out of their comfort zone, and yet you admit to dodging 50% of your (regular!) games because the team comp (presumably) isn't sticking to the meta. Who cares? Number 1, it's regular so just enjoy the ride, and 2, winning with a sub-par comp requires you and your team to play with a higher degree of skill, and forces you to play better. So what's the problem?