Need help with a Fizz build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garoxxar

06-18-2012

I bought Fizz a while back and am STILL unable to find a fit build for him. I'm looking for something with the highest damage output. I have seen Maladys, Nashor's Tooth, etc. So is he an AS/AP champion or is it better to go straight up AP or what...? So confused with this at the moment LOL

P.S. I have an AP rune page, set up with mana regen, magic pen, ability power. Also have an AD rune page, complete with armor pen and attack damage. Go off that as you will.

TVPMike

06-18-2012

I personally play Fizz as a bursty AP with a bit of tank mixed in. The result is a lot of damage on relatively short cooldowns, with the ability to E in and out of combat when needed. (I usually jump in, get a kill, start taking damage, E out, wait until another focus is taken up, jump in, kill, etc.)

I start with boots and 3 health pots. I start by building a Catalyst and then upgrade to a Rod of Ages. This gives me a good start on burst and supplies the tankyness I mentioned before. Next finish your boots, with either Mercury Treads or Sorcerer's Shoes. After that, I usually go for a Death Cap. A Lich Bane could also be substituted, depending on preference. Then I usually buy an Abyssal Sceptre, which supplies even more tankyness against enemy casters. Now that you have that, go with either a Death Cap or Lich Bane (whatever you did not get previously) and finish with a Guardian Angel.

I use this build in both Mid and Solo Top. Hope it works for you.

Fourteenth

06-18-2012

I always go glass cannon start, but u have to rely on ur team if u want to do that:
Boots 3
2 Dorens Rings
Straight to DC
Chain -> Z.Hourglass (!After upgraded boots)
Sheen-> Lichbane
Sell 1 Doren for GA
(Finish off the build based on how u like, if ur having a good game and have money to spend, then get a warmogs, cause the core items pretty much give u like 600-800ap, i didnt check =/, but even 600ap is enuff to let u finish someone off with a ult combo. )

(if u want survivability first then, from 2 Dorens get chain->hourglass and then DC, personally i dont like catalyze because...WELL I DONT LIKE IT.)

TVPMike

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourteenth View Post
(if u want survivability first then, from 2 Dorens get chain->hourglass and then DC, personally i dont like catalyze because...WELL I DONT LIKE IT.)
I honestly don't understand the point of getting an Hourglass on Fizz. He is one of the most mobile and evasive champions in the League. The whole point of the Hourglass is in the passive, so your buying a bulky item to immobalize a Champion who is able to get out of most scenarios?

I go Catalyst early because the massive health and mana restored at each level helps a lot in sustaining your lane. Plus the fact that your Ultimate is always up, the extra mana helps incredibly.

Besides, glass cannon on Fizz? He does enough damage with a tanky build. Throwing away the tankyness for a hundred extra damage is definitely not worth it. Decent guide, but not something I would ever use.

Garoxxar

06-18-2012

Thanks a lot guys! Kind of did a combo of both

Ilyndrathyl

06-18-2012

if your going for Q W for your main source of damage which works best than go
boots + pots
sheen
2 dorans rings
from here you can go rod of ages or rabadons depends mostly on your team comp and how good of a player you are(i prefer rabadons for just cause if your doing well you become the flaming dumptruck from hell and roll anything in front of you
after than
lichbane
abyssal scepter
you can get
guardian angel
rylais scepter
and zhonyas
are all viable choices they make you substantially tankier and increase your damage

the biggest problem with fizz is as an assassin he doesnt stay in a fight and yet as an ap carry you need him in the fight so if you have a rediculous front wall like cho + naut than you can dive in one shot someone and E out go in and out and make peoples lives miserable because of your impassible front wall.

protip its good to wait until after the damage from your ult goes off on someone before you dash through because the damage from the hp they lost is compounded

Aikimiller

06-19-2012

Sorc boots, double dorans rings are a pretty standard beginning setup. At this point, you have a choice between RoA and a tanky route, or rushing deathcap. I prefer to rush deathcap/lichbane (never getting RoA), and the game is normally finished before I can get any further.

The rare games that I get fed enough and go long enough for me to pick up more items, I get a Guardian Angel and a nashor's tooth.

Racyn

06-19-2012

This is how I build him:

I start off with a Doran's Ring.
Get Boots
Rush a Sheen
Finish with Sorc Boots
Finish my lichbane
Rush a Rabbadon
From here I either build a GA or a Warmog depending on what I need. (Maybe both)

Masteries:

21/0/9

Runes:

Magic Penetration Marks
Flat AP Seals
4 Flat AP Glyphs
5 AP per level Glyphs
2 Movement speed quints
1 Flat AP Quints

This entire build is based on being able to deal "Tons of damage" (Without Trinity Force) while being able to run away quickly.

Fizz is meant to be a hit-and-run champion. Building tanky early serves no real purpose. I am personally against getting ROA on him. Seeing as it lowers your early game damage until you finish it.
Catalyst and Sheen are very similar gold-wise. With Fizz's E, getting away from almost any encounter is easy. So the extra HP missing because of you getting a sheen doesn't really matter. You still get mana from it too.

So go out there and Chum the Waters!