Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can we improve Dominion's point system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrystalGuard292

07-01-2012

I would say give "point defense" points to a player for each enemy player that is within the detectable range of the tower (so it wouldn't give stealth characters away.)

It would really make the contribution of an Alistar holding a point vs. 3 enemies for 20 seconds or so show up, instead of just the martyr bonus that the player who got liquified instantly got.

Soren Kaleth

07-01-2012

Increase Assist points.
Decrease Kill points.
Increase Defense points.
Decrease Cap points.

Promote team play and team composition by decreasing single player 1v1 kill and cappers rewards.

Helixes

07-01-2012

This has probably been mentioned, but it should be considered that
1) Punishment by negative score to encourage people to avoid bad play
2) Remove the passive score gain. A player afk all game should have 0 score.

Dnightx

07-01-2012

Quote:
Helixes:
This has probably been mentioned, but it should be considered that
1) Punishment by negative score to encourage people to avoid bad play
2) Remove the passive score gain. A player afk all game should have 0 score.

1) If someone is doing bad in Dominion, it doesn't matter if you give them a negative score, they're still going to do bad lol.

2) /agree

Helixes

07-01-2012

Quote:
Dnightx:
1) If someone is doing bad in Dominion, it doesn't matter if you give them a negative score, they're still going to do bad lol.

2) /agree

Yes but if they see the game itself telling em it's bad, they will be less likely to do it.

For example, some people still think death has no consequence what so ever. So if someone is being stupid and going on a death streak, punish them.

austseraph

07-02-2012

Someone mentioned a Nemesis reward. Now that is a great idea. Similar to FPS games where you have nemesis and payback pins (payback for breaking a nemesis run - say 3 consecutive kills of the same opponent without being killed by them).

Definitely reduce the martyr points and increase the time until a point defense reward is earned or just remove it entirely. Point defense should only be earned if there is combat within the turrets range. Also defense point gain should increase proportionally around the number of enemy champs attacking the point and the time held whilst under combat (in the turrets range).

Bonuses for kill streaks should be increased - but reset if you go back to spawn and heal up.

Definitely increase support points - 1 point for a heal, shield or other boost is almost worthless. Those supports can win you the game yet you get more points just from running past a capped point? dumb.

Points awarded for summoner spells is not a good idea. It would remove creativity from the game.

Maybe bonuses for total damage dealt, health healed or shields applied during the game ? Like 25k dmg = 50 more points. 1k healed = 75 points. 500 shielded = 50 points. Something like that anyway. The numbers would need to be investigated to determine averages but it would create more opportunities for team play and encourage teamwork.

Are points awarded for 5 capping? or Ace-ing the other team?

It's a tough ask to crunch the numbers and come up with a fair equitable system for each player type but certainly worth developing further.

Radbolt

Recruiter

07-02-2012

1) The Top capture point is key to dominion, so it should offer more points for capture and defense.

2) Less points for capturing enemy side capture points (at least relative to your own side)

Not a fan of seeing games where my team ignores Top and our side, and keeps trying to backdoor capture (usually failing).

Redenbacher

07-02-2012

Quote:
Soren Kaleth:
Increase Assist points.
Decrease Kill points.
Increase Defense points.
Decrease Cap points.

Promote team play and team composition by decreasing single player 1v1 kill and cappers rewards.

Along the same vein as this post, capture assist and capture point values should be equal. You should receive capture assist points as long as you were in range of the player who makes the cap, when they begin capping (as opposed to requiring the player to be in range when it is capped for the assist).

This way, there is no advantage to sticking around to make the cap outside of the time bonus, which is inherent, and it therefore encourages players to get to the next point instead of hanging around a point already captured (or to go back, heal, and return in time to fend off the next assault).

@Radbolt - I think that would be fixing the wrong kind of play. Dominion seems to be more a challenge of where you allocate player resources, rather than what point is 'key'. Ideally, I believe, all points should be equally valuable, and no one point should be worth more than any other to encourage capping points other than just top. When the enemy is turtling on Windmill, it should be equally valuable to go gank their bottom or middle instead of fruitlessly trying to beat your head against a brick wall, because that brick wall is worth 'the most'.

Catnium

07-02-2012

Quote:
Kierloway:
We can do a few things to improve the point system. I have a few ideas here. One would be to give a few more points for grabbing health packs. I see people don't grab them often enough and they only give 2-5 points, I don't remember exactly but maybe give them a small boost to 6-10.

only if taking a hp pack when your at full hp actually costs you 10 points.
because its stupid how often this happens and always right when i need the thing to defend top some more

Zeal Orion

07-03-2012

Could there be a reward for leading the enemy on a merry chase through the center of the map? I've stalled a few captures as Singed and Wukong by distracting the enemy, and my friends know to focus on capturing points while half the enemy team is chasing me, which usually leads to my death. Is there a way of recognizing this tactic?