Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[IDEA]Regarding Elo Penalty

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FedeDotti

Senior Member

06-18-2012

On the new patch there's a change in which dodging from solo queue will no longer imply an elo penalty of 10 elo per dodge, I totally agree with this because elo is supposed to measure a player's skill level accurately, and dodgin doesn't make you less skilled at the game. Despite this positive change, I think they should adjust the solo queue elo of all players, and by this I mean returning the elo that each player lost by dodging and receiving the elo penalty, rules should be the same for everyone at every time and that is why I think it would be the most fair adjustment. If you agree with my idea remember to support, if you don't im open to criticism.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Problimatic One

Junior Member

06-18-2012

This wouldn't work. I mean, think of people who dropped elo by dodging queues and got wins against lower elo people. Say a 1500 elo person dodged queues all the way down to 1300 (Trolling, eve mid or afks, any possible reason for dodging), just hypothetically. They get 200 elo back by beating lower elo people, then end up back at 1500. This change is made and now all of the sudden their elo is at 1700. Did they earn 1700 elo by beating the 1300-1500 people? Nope. As much as it sucks losing elo queue dodging (I've dodged queues before due to stupid things like people locking in eve and saying eve mid or afk) I don't think giving elo back for prior transgressions is a good idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Breezy

Senior Member

06-18-2012

The change itself is a step to improve your elo based on troll teams or people refusing to play a role which i feel is a step in the right direction. I've lost approximately 260 elo from dodging :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordZelante

Junior Member

06-19-2012

Quote:
Bloodyproblim:
This wouldn't work. I mean, think of people who dropped elo by dodging queues and got wins against lower elo people. Say a 1500 elo person dodged queues all the way down to 1300 (Trolling, eve mid or afks, any possible reason for dodging), just hypothetically. They get 200 elo back by beating lower elo people, then end up back at 1500. This change is made and now all of the sudden their elo is at 1700. Did they earn 1700 elo by beating the 1300-1500 people? Nope. As much as it sucks losing elo queue dodging (I've dodged queues before due to stupid things like people locking in eve and saying eve mid or afk) I don't think giving elo back for prior transgressions is a good idea.



That made no sense. What you are saying is that he is 1500 elo, and is playing with 1300 but he's still at 1500?

**** logic right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor

Senior Recruiter

06-19-2012

Quote:
LordZelante:
That made no sense. What you are saying is that he is 1500 elo, and is playing with 1300 but he's still at 1500?

**** logic right?


It made perfect sense. Hes saying some people purposely que dodge to lower theyre elo so they can vs easier opponents and if riot restores lost elo by dodging all those people would be at a much higher rating by beating lower rated people


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Problimatic One

Junior Member

06-19-2012

Quote:
LordZelante:
That made no sense. What you are saying is that he is 1500 elo, and is playing with 1300 but he's still at 1500?

**** logic right?


Read it again. If he had lost 200 elo that would put him to 1300. (1500-200 = 1300. Math is hard.) He climbs back to his original 1500 elo through playing games. Then this change is made instantly giving him 200 elo that he lost. 1500 + 200 = 1700 (One again, math is hard.) So yes, given that anecdote they beat opponents in the 1300-1500 elo range to reach 1700 elo. Before you make fun of someone's inability to use logic, use some yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FedeDotti

Senior Member

06-24-2012

Quote:
Bloodyproblim:
This wouldn't work. I mean, think of people who dropped elo by dodging queues and got wins against lower elo people. Say a 1500 elo person dodged queues all the way down to 1300 (Trolling, eve mid or afks, any possible reason for dodging), just hypothetically. They get 200 elo back by beating lower elo people, then end up back at 1500. This change is made and now all of the sudden their elo is at 1700. Did they earn 1700 elo by beating the 1300-1500 people? Nope. As much as it sucks losing elo queue dodging (I've dodged queues before due to stupid things like people locking in eve and saying eve mid or afk) I don't think giving elo back for prior transgressions is a good idea.


A simple fix to this would be adding a cap to each player (top rating). This way this couldn't be abused in any way to get higher elo.


1