Is Varus good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pinkbarbie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

I hardly see him anymore... Is he a buy or not? Thanks.

Quickdrawn

06-18-2012

He really is. Took me a while to learn it and lost plat because of it. Just take time to practice

fevercry

06-18-2012

his Q is insane - you really want to lane with raka or taric

RedTunes

06-18-2012

Good but a bit squishy.

Jinte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Hes weak compared to most ad, he is really hard to snowball with.

But can be useful in some way, Id still rather pick let's say Graves over him.

TheSoulPunisher

06-18-2012

He's a skill-based/utility AD carry. Not too sure about his damage output and how it compares to other AD carries, but he's a pretty good one IMO. Draven might be more interesting to you though. He is even more skill-based and can deal alot of damage.

Larkane

06-18-2012

Built right he destroys, one of my best AD carries personally

chumbler

06-18-2012

He has a higher skill requirement for comparable or possibly worse results than for example Graves or Corki. He's not objectively bad by any stretch, but given that you have to actually try when playing him he's not the strongest choice.

vvvv Varus is not remotely an AD caster. Hell he's probably less of an AD caster than Graves.

LegendaryCaoCao

06-18-2012

He's a AD caster meaning he relies on his spells for most of his damage as opposed to auto-attacks since he lacks proper steroids for that. He has a very very nice early game and can zone with the best the league has to offer. His damage does fall off late game as using his skills in combination with his attacks is a bit sluggish compared to say Graves, Vayne or Corki. He's definitely worth it and is very fun to play. Don't take a champions absence from the game as a sign of being weak. There are going to be 100 champs soon...that's a lot considering it's 5v5. There are champions I haven't seen get play in months that are still perfectly fine.

fevercry

06-18-2012

Varus has one of the most insane cc's in the entire GAME...as an ad carry. people haven't really learned him well enough to take advantage of that. to be honest, he reminds me of urgot more than anyone else, and should be played on teams that look to use Urgot's initiation