In 3 days I have dropped from bronze 1 to bronze 3 :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearded Jawa

03-26-2013

I have read all the guides about how to get out of bronze. I have tried filling, carrying, kept my mood great every game. But 46% of my games have had a rage quit/dc. Or a serious feeder. Not a troll but just someone who throws the game.

Please any advice, tips, hidden cheese tips or anything?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Build better, play better

Most of your past 10 games don't have a cost effective build, and your score indicating that you do not have the skill deserving to move onto next tier.

Bearded Jawa

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post

Most of your past 10 games don't have a cost effective build, and your score indicating that you do not have the skill deserving to move onto next tier.
but I went like 17/6 with veigar or something and still lost.

Also how do I win a game if there is only 4 of us?

xSeCKSx

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post

He's right, downvoting for truth instead of realizing you have things to work on won't allow you to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Jawa View Post
but I went like 17/6 with veigar or something and still lost.

Also how do I win a game if there is only 4 of us?
Kills don't = win. When I used to main veigar season 1 (norms) I'd lose games 15/0/5 because I focused so much on kills and not on objectives.

You can win 4v5 - he's a game where I lost 5 v 4 against a trolling teemo because the enemy team was coordinated and mine was not.

If you want to get out of bronze, you've got to spend less time focused on your teammates mistakes and more time working on your own. You can't win every game, but playing well consistently will allow you to win more than you lose. Note that playing well isn't just a matter of KDA but your decision making skills overall.

One game I lost because I believed my team was strong enough to handle baron without me. Not only did they not finish baron, but some came to my aid when I didn't want it and allowed them to take our nexus.

What separates a silver from bronze from my experience is their decision-making skills.

ZachTheApathetic

03-26-2013

I'm in silver 4 right now, and as I play more and more I get this ingrained into my head more and more: If I worry about my other lanes, try to help too much, even think about other lanes and how they are doing then I tend to do poorly than when I solely concentrate on my lane and my game. If I can win my lane, I can contribute much better to my team fights (obviously).

In theory, if you were to win at least 60% of your laning phases, you will go up, because that leaves more margin for error on the side of your teammates. This type of system is not perfect however just due to dumb luck. It is of course possible to get stuck with multiple games in a row with trolls/intentional feeders etc. However the opposite is also quite true. For all we know you could achieve silver by the end of the week.

As to your builds, don't be ashamed to use/have mobafire or some other LoL site to aid you with your games.You don't need them to necessarily to just follow the guide but to remind you "oh yea, thats a good item for this champion, and it would be good in this situation". your mains you won't need it as much, but by off chance you are forced to play a champion you are not so familiar with or not quite use to yet, it's quite helpful.

Having good experience with 3 minimum 4 maximum champions per position will narrow down risks of losing a lane. Confidence is a no-brainier good thing.

This is all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps!

P.S. veigar is sadly not viable in ranked. He does not have the carrying potential as other apc's, due to his "one and done" nature. He falls off severly in teamfights comparatively, especially if you can't instagib another carry for whatever reason.