who leashes blue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alucard628

06-18-2012

I never thought I'd be asking this but who leashes blue? for as long as I can remember now mid has leashed blue because they can do it through trees and walk a short distance to lane.
last game I was top yorick and I told them i was gonna guard blue then b for an extra pot, no one said anything. annie leashes blue for talon and he fails pretty bad and has to back right after buff and then continues to rage at me because I should have leashed blue and damaged for him. now I wouldn't have minded helping him if he asked or even responded when I said I was getting an extra pot.
so who leashes blue? is it because I shifted my elo range a little that its now top?

BrotherCaine

06-18-2012

did it reset on him?

Alucard628

06-18-2012

not that i know of, talon also isn't my idea of a great jungler.

Etherimp

06-18-2012

Mid leashes blue but Top or Bot (depending on side) is often asked to help with damage.. But it sounds to me like an inexperienced jungler who didn't ask for help in the first place and then blamed you for his fail because he didn't want to blame himself.

Granted, I always try to go out of my way to help junglers, because I am one myself and know that a little help on blue (or whatever) goes a long way towards increasing my jungle speed and allowing me to gank faster, or counter-jungle depending on my champ.

Alucard628

06-18-2012

i too like to help junglers, but i explained my intentions and he didn't say hey damage for me. and then annie didn't throw any extra damage. also is talon a viable jungle? started screaming at me low elo people dont know top leashes. thats really my main question tho, since when does top leash?

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Squishy junglers or junglers without sustain often need top/bot lane to help bring down the buff to near-death. If you watch the tournaments, almost the whole team is there and the jungler doesn't even have to use smite, saving it for counter-jungling and smite-steals.

Best-Case scenario leashing:
Mid uses a ranged AA/Spell to take aggro from buff, then leaves so the aggro switches to the jungler. (Mid may come back later to help bring down the buff).
Jungler should then start bringing down the buff
Other lane assists the jungler in taking the buff down to low health, but leaves before leeching any XP. (This is vital for further camp clearing and ganking at lvl 2. Forcing your jungler to continue jungling at lvl 1 after tanking the buff can cause serious problems)

It helps if the jungler pings retreat when he is ready to smite, so the lanes dont accidentally leech XP.

Almost always a good idea.

Chake14u

06-18-2012

In high ELO's they have the whole team protecting/helping the blue buff.
Generally you only have to worry about having the blue buff stolen (or red buff for that matter).
I play WW and generally I counter-jungle the red buff after I have blue buff, it always helps if I don't have to use up my smite on the blue buff when i steal the red buff.
Then again i have switched to Lanewick...

Etherimp

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavenMan View Post
Squishy junglers or junglers without sustain often need top/bot lane to help bring down the buff to near-death. If you watch the tournaments, almost the whole team is there and the jungler doesn't even have to use smite, saving it for counter-jungling and smite-steals.

Mid uses a ranged AA/Spell to take aggro from buff, then leaves so the aggro switches to the jungler. (Mid may come back later to help bring down the buff).
Other lane assists the jungler in taking the buff down to low health, but leaves before leeching any XP. (This is vital for further camp clearing and ganking at lvl 2. Forcing your jungler to continue jungling at lvl 1 after tanking the buff can cause serious problems)

It helps if the jungler pings retreat when he is ready to smite, so the lanes dont accidentally leech XP.

I agree and concur with this.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

normally mid leashes then top/bot damage it (depending if blue/purple side)

normally junglers can handle a weak leash but squishes like talon that shouldn't even be in the jungle need a hard leash

a good leash will also let your jungler save smite for red/stealing their red by sitting in bush next to it

Drace Sylvanian

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavenMan View Post

As a side note, there is a special kind of leash that mid can do over the wall that causes blue buff to never aggro the jungler, allowing the jungler to take blue or red without taking damage.