FPS problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ezio1

08-26-2010

I'm forced to turn off my sound completely to start a game at 60fps.
When it gets busy and crowded in game, it drops to 20-30.. sometimes even lower which is horrible!
I have Nvidia 8600GT, 4GB RAM, and 2.8Ghz.

Isn't that enough to play it around 40-50 with sound ?

Pelter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

What is your resolution and quality set to?

8600 GT is a pretty old card there mate.

GloriousGlory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

The default frame rate cap is set to stable. The stable setting makes the frame rate cap at based on what the game thinks your pc is best equipped to run it at.

Try going to Video options and changing the frame rate cap to another setting such as High or Benchmark.

This should boost the frame rates up. Even though your video card is old, you should still be running it at faster than 20fps. If still a no go, try lowering all the settings.

iHateDisGame

08-26-2010

GeForce FX 5500 Here.

20 - 30 fps in 5v5 situations,

but 40 - 60 fps (MAX) otherwise.

I find that my FPS is more stable on Twisted Treeline.

I play with sound-on, without any problems.

Pjstaab

08-26-2010

The game takes an obscene amount of CPU to run, I have a GTX 460 but only a Athlon 64 3500+ while i'm waiting to get a 95w 1055t and I mange to almost never get above 30.

Toilet of Heaven

08-26-2010

Intel GMA4500HD tablet. Lowest graphics setting, constant 25 to 30 FPS even in battles.

ezio1

08-26-2010

I know it is. I was thinking of updating it. What should i update it to? I don't want something super expensive though.
My settings are on low, and my frame rate cap is Benchmark(from what i remember; ill double check)

Pjstaab

08-26-2010

What CPU specifically? Intel? AMD? What socket?

Pelter

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio1 View Post
I know it is. I was thinking of updating it. What should i update it to? I don't want something super expensive though.
My settings are on low, and my frame rate cap is Benchmark(from what i remember; ill double check)
Are you in US?

If so... use this http://www.gpureview.com/superlatives.php

I use these guys stuff all the time and they know alot about GPUs and this is the list of the best video cards in each price range in USD. Also im gonna assume you have a PCI-E 16x slot motherboard... IF you have an AGP 8x slot look at the other side.

ezio1

08-26-2010

I am in Canada. and I got the program CPU-Z which should give me info about my pc.

Intel Pentium D 820, Socket 775 LGA, CPU 2.8Ghz,