Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

That is what I was pointing out, It takes 15 minutes to receive the full affect of the RoA, why wait till you have 4 catalyst to upgrade one.....very "wasteful"

VejiTehDestroyer

08-26-2010

I always end up building him tanky after the mandatory RoA. I dunno why FoFoZem runes CD runes. That doesn't make sense since your poison is a 1 sec toggle, but ok. Anyhow, this is the build i work off of and just swap runes in that you have: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-off-tank-4783

As mentioned, i don't have all the runes in this guy's build, so i go (red)magic pen, (yellow)flat armor, swiftness quints, and either (blue)mana per level or magic resist per level - i haven't tested the difference between the 2 blue rune differences yet. I usually go mana regen since i run around with my poison on all the time mid to late game. lol

JustWatson

08-26-2010

The smart thing to do when playing Singed is to build him as you would any other tank, with the exception of a RoA first. Tailor your items to the other team. Lots of magic means you build a RoA then a banshee's, force of nature, etc. Lots of physical damage means sunfire's, randuin's, etc. Having 'a build' for a tank is generally not a great idea.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

I just played my first game as singed, started with mana crystal to cat, then rank 1 boots then cat then swiftness boots then 2 RoA

started 5-0 ended 10-2

Thanks for the help guys

bob000

08-26-2010

Frankly I think banshees is superior to roa. It allows you much easier initiation and it gives max benefit immediately.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

You have to consider your damage as well, although banshees is a strong item it is definitely not a first item priority.

Durachek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

Take any of these basic builds, and add onto them a warmogs for health if you want to go more tanky, and with poison trail you easily build up over 5k hp between the rods and the warmogs. it can be a great support for your team.

Viro Melchior

08-26-2010

Okay, so I play Singed a ton, and what I've found:

Masteries you definitely want 21 in utility for the move speed, plus the mana regen helps a lot.
Your other 9 points work in either category. I recently have been running defense for 6 armor, 6 MR, and the extra health regen based on maximum mana. However, going down offense for the magic penetration is strong as well.

For runes, marks are easy, with magic penetration. Quints you want move speed. For the glyphs and marks, mana regeneration is good, as is armor/dodge/MR/health (especially since early on Singed is a very squishy tank in terms of max hp).

Skills are simple, you want either fling or poison at first level (depending on playstyle). Level 2 you get the other, then:
Poison
Goo
Poison
Ultimate
Poison
Fling
Poison
and then max Ultimate>Fling>Goo

Gearwise, there's a lot you can do with Singed. Singed needs *something* for mana regen, especially early if you plan on harassing well. Philosopher Stone or Chalice are the best bets for solving this, although if you play very conservative and have strong runes for mana regen, you can start with a Sapphire Crystal and rush your RoA + boots (which is the best way if you want to try for a 2x RoA game).

Beyond that, Singed excels at taking hits over time. Guardian Angel lets you be extra risky while it's up, as well as stacking a bunch of armor. Force of Nature is the perfect 2nd tank item, giving you heavy regeneration and rounding out your MR/armor combination.

So what you have now:
Boots (Mercury Treads or Swiftness depending on CC level of the enemy team).
Rod of Ages (best item in the world for Singed)
GA
FoN
Mana Regen (chalice/stone) or 2nd Rod

Where I build from there is typically based on the enemy team. If they are particularly physical or magic damage heavy, I'll stack another resistance item to get the proper stat over 200 (Sunfire or Randuin are both great for armor, and Banshee's Veil for MR).
However, what I prefer getting is Rylai's for the slow. Plus it gives health which is something Singed can always use a bit more of.

And the NUMBER ONE RULE.
Never lock in your build. Always build to counter their team, not because your plan is locked in.

Gerloway

08-27-2010

I always build to counter

My status might be Junior member, but that is because I usually don't forum spam, lol.

I appreciate the advice, I will try the build,

Thanks.