Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

Hey guys, I have been looking for a new champion to play that most important tank in the game and I want to try out Singed.

I have seen most people that play singed build 4 catalyst and boots then start building RoA, but to me that seems like a waste, any ideas for the best singed build?

Please post Masteries, Summoner Abilities, and Item build.

Thanks!

El Hebrew Hammer

08-26-2010

Well if you would like a pure tank build, though such a build I would disagree with, then you should still definitely get RoA. It's Singed's trademark item.

I run 9/0/21, making sure to pick up the 15% spell penetration in offense and then a standard Utility build.

For runes, I go MPen Marks, MP/5 regen per level seals, flat health Quints and flat CD glyphs. Pretty standard.

But I do play him as a durable caster.

A tank build I am not too familiar with but some good choices that stick out would be
RoA (don't consider not getting it)
Randuin's Omen
Sunfire Cape
Force of Nature
Boots of Swiftness (get Mercs if they have any decent slows as that is Singed's cryptonite)
and leave the last slot for a situational item.

But I consider the following to be the best build:
RoA
Archangel's Staff*
Zohnya's Ring
Rylai's Scepter**
Boots
Situational Item

* Most people hate this item on Singed. But I think it is incredibly underestimated. Most critics find its flaws in that Poison Trail does not proc the increase in Mana. But they overlook the 3% conversion of Mana to AP. With this item, you gain Mana (and health) and a decent amount of AP. Now, with each 1000 points of Mana, you get 30 ability power. With 2k mana, which you should have, you get 60. Which gives you 105 AP and 400 mana for this item. The item is relatively cheap for its benefits, nearly a 1000 gold cheaper than Zohnya's. Two of these, with a Zohnya's gives you (210 + 120) * 1.25 = 412 AP. Which is a decent amount considering the entire time you are getting Mana and health. With RoA, you should easily hit the 500 AP mark, and the farming isn't too incredibly expensive as Singed is arguably the second best farmer in the game (second to Sivir of course). With Rylai's, if you can afford it, your grand total should reach the area of 612 AP, while still having more than 3K health and 100 armor. This gives your Fling a ratio of 300 + 612 damage and your poison 70+183. It truly is devastating. And relatively cheap....think about it before you go full tank

** Rylai's is common in many DPS Singed builds, but I find the cost of the sub-items to be too much. The point of Poison is you want people to chase you. You shouldn't need to slow anyone if you have Ghost, Boots of Swiftness and your Ult. But the AP and Health is nice, but I would get an AA first. Though most everyone will disagree.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

That was the post I was looking for, I don't want to go pure tank but I would like to deal damage as well. The problem I run into when I play a tank champion is that I have to depend on everyone else to do the damage, so I have been looking into champions that have good tank and dps aspects. I will try out your "considered" build and let you know how it works out.

Thanks.

Bobbysalz

08-26-2010

Rod of Ages on Singed is not a waste. Get 2 if you can before the 25 minute mark, it's a great item for this champion.

Gerloway

08-26-2010

Well what I meant is that I see a lot of Singed's stacking catalyst, not getting a RoA until level 17 or so. That is what I meant by waste, to me it would make more sense getting the RoA's asap therefore benefiting from the hp/mana boost more and sooner

Schuazay

08-26-2010

people who play singed either go tank, stack RoA, or just get other ap items(like me)

I go
RoA
Boots of Swiftness
Rylai
Zhonya
Frozen heart/BV
Archangel

This build allows you to get ap for dmg, armor/MR for defense, and about 3.5k hp from RoA,Rylai,Frozen heart, and archangel

El Hebrew Hammer

08-26-2010

Can someone explain why my post was downvoted?

El Hebrew Hammer

08-26-2010

My full build, which I just checked on LeagueCraft, ends with 718 AP by the way. 1000 damage Fling ftw

Bobbysalz

08-26-2010

haha stack 4 catalysts, then build your 3 rods and a veil. not a bad idea, i'll try it!

El Hebrew Hammer

08-26-2010

Not a bad idea if you can leave 15 minutes for each RoA to max out. Otherwise it seems wasteful to me.