Maxing Hawkshot first on Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZekThePenguin

06-17-2012

I always max Hawkshot first. The gold bonus is only helpful early, and Ashe really can lane with just her aa if necessary.

CANT PLAY LOL

06-17-2012

I guess you could max hawkshot first if you know you're not going to die. But really, your lane presence is fairly weak to begin with, so against stronger ad's (graves, urgot), you really shouldn't. Unless you last hit like a pro at tower.

Something Snazzy

06-17-2012

No, never. Ashe is one of the weaker early game AD carries anyway. Why reduce her in the one area that she is weak even further?

Ashe has one of the best ranged harass once W is maxed due to the drastic cool down reduction it gets by level 5. And Q allows her to return damage to bursty champs like Graves or Ez by being able to keep up with them after they unload and retreat. But she can only stick to those champs when Q is level 5 due to their jump. Oh and a combination of maxed Q and W means she can practically kite groups of people, often saving her from 3 or more person ganks.

Even if you never die and still get the same amount of kills while maxing hawkshot first or even second (which will never happen) .... you drastically reduce your lane presence. A few more volleys or a couple extra pokes with slow will help you farm more minions.

And even more important is keeping their AD carry from farming as well. It does not matter how much CS you have, only if you have more or less than their AD carry.

*edit* I do sometimes put am extra point or two into hawkshot early when bot tower falls. Then, the range on hawkshot plus the free farming that typically happens when lanes swing back and forth can justify a couple of extra points.

St Viers

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMAPS View Post
You need voly to be able to poke in lane if your voly does no damage then you won't be able to keep people back and thus you wont be able to farm.
Volley has really bad scaling (outside of dealing your autoattack damage), so leveling it for the 10 damage increase in damage is not the best reason. Basically, Ashe is lucky in that how you level your skills depends on the situation. If you go in wanting to harass (and pick up more minion kills in situations where you let 2 get really low at once), level volley. It goes down to a quite spammable cd at level 5 (which doesn't mean you should spam it, but it does mean you will almost always have it when you need it). If you are somehow very ahead, or have a strong cc champion with you (leona, ali, blitz) leveling the q is useful, as it makes it reach champs and stick to them through creep waves and blinks at higher levels (lvl 1 q is good for escaping people who don't click move, and chasing people if you are really good at attack-moving, but not with anything in the way). If you wanna just sit back and farm, and feel that the extra 1k gold at the end of the game is worth it (it never gives you super noticeable gold advantage at once--mainly just a slightly quicker purchase of a big items in an even game, or a few more pots for laning without getting behind the other carry's items).

Annabelle

06-17-2012

Maxing Hawkshot first depends on my support. With a Leona support I tend to have 1 point in Hawkshot by lvl 9, with a Soraka I usually have 3-4 points invested.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

The bonus gold is pretty minor. 1/2/3/4/5. By the time youve hit level 9, you like have gotten half the creep stats you are gonna get in an average game right?

So even if you get another 100 CS, thats only 500 extra gold doled out slowly over the 2nd part of the game. During the first part of the game, even if you get 100CS, you will get about 350g maybe.

How much range do you really need on Hawkshot anyways when laning? I dont see boosting it early as all that useful.

As stated, getting the extra Slow on your autoattacks or getting in the extra Volley with a cooldown of 4 instead of 16 might net you a kill which may be worth a good 3 or 400 gold that you'd get mostly up front.

If it works for you great, as none of Ashe's skills really rank upwards THAT great anyways. But I wouldnt put but maybe 2 or 3 pts into it. From rank 1 to 2 doubles the extra gold. From 2 to 3 only gives 50% more...3 to 4, 33%, 4 to 5, 25%.

acosn

06-18-2012

No. Volley is more important. I get it at level two, and max it after I've maxed out volley. Only reason I'd shift emphasis is if team fights are starting early and ranks beyond rank 1 of frost shot become more important.

Galaxy Bracelets

09-22-2013

hawkshot not only gives u gold per cs..it gives you vision... the vision is the best part of HS.

I Have 1 Gear GO

09-23-2013

14 month necro lol. I've recently seen Rekless maxing HS second and he said he was doing it for the gold. Not maxing W first would be pretty retarded though, you wouldn't be able to trade at all.