Maxing Hawkshot first on Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raolan

06-17-2012

Should I do this ever?

I personally do it pretty often. Usually end up with +1000-1200 gold from it in a 40 minute game, and the range boost means easily checking the dragon and enemy blue/red without ever leaving your lane.

Maybe I just get lucky.

kityypants

06-17-2012

i normaly put 3 points in it by lvl 9 . a little gold bonus plus that feeling u get when your about to get ganked so u can send that thing flying . but nah i wouldnt max it ealy focus on volly . tends to work out most the time .

Max Gripness

06-17-2012

If you KNOW you're just going to be farming, 1000 extra gold at the end of the game is pretty good. Otherwise, no.

Kyrim

06-17-2012

What I do instead of that is I max hawkshot after I max volley, just because I feel the slow percent is minimal.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Without your Q, it kind of makes it hard to kite champs with ashe. That's what she's the best at. I go WEQ then max out my Q and W first.

Cenerae

06-17-2012

It's not worth doing in 99% of situations. You may not think Volley or Frost Arrow are that important, but they're giving her the poking and kiting abilities she needs to actually be a threat or to deflect gank attempts better. That's way more important than getting a tiny bit of extra gold over the course of the game (the extra range on the hawkshot is pretty moot early game).

I mean ok. If you have a lane where you know you won't be getting any kills, or getting killed in turn, go ahead. But in any other situation you'll want your combat skills maxed.

InVaSiOnArY

06-17-2012

You need voly to be able to poke in lane if your voly does no damage then you won't be able to keep people back and thus you wont be able to farm.

Joifairy

06-17-2012

yes. always. a competent ashe only needs 1 rank of her slow to do well. with that and her nuke applying the slow as well why bother grabbin more than one rank early? more gold plus vision is worth it. 1 rank of q then max w/e

Pantocas

06-17-2012

Plus, you have to include in your formula the gold earned for killing champions and minions with volley over the money earned with hawk...

Kyrim

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantocas View Post
Plus, you have to include in your formula the gold earned for killing champions and minions with volley over the money earned with hawk...
thats a whole nother can of worms and all speculation, IF you killed someone with that x amount in damage MAYBE it would be worth it...too many variables.