udyr ????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kityypants

06-17-2012

ok . so . i need help with this champion . he makes 0 since to me . i cant ever seem to get a steady game with him . its eather amazingly good ( if i have an amazing team ) or the normal tragic story of 3/9 ... i have seen awesome udyr players and would love to be one of those . my problems are ...

- early game i get ripped to shreds no matter how passive i try to play
- mass confusion on items and builds ( despite mobafires help )

so if anyone could maybe give some build tips or just help on what to and not to do . ide be very thankful

midillusion

06-17-2012

I can understand why you are having problems with builds on Udyr, because he can be built 2 different ways depending on which kill you choose to level up - Tiger or Phoenix. Tiger gives better single-target damage which is better for early trades, while Phoenix is more about aoe and makes you better at farming and 5v5 teamfights. If you are finding it difficult to sustain in the laning phase, try leveling up your turle stance a bit more before maxing out either Tiger or Phoenix. Leave Bear stance at level 1 until you have maxed out Turtle and Tiger/Phoenix.

If you are going for Tiger, I would recommend getting an early Wriggles Lantern for the sustain and to help your damage. For Phoenix, I would get an early Wit's End. After that, if you need to be a bit more tanky, go for a Randuin's, or for more damage, go for a Triforce.

kityypants

06-17-2012

thank you very much .

Insípid

06-17-2012

After using this build and using udyr for the first time, the amount i dominated wasw just too much.
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=18634

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

dont use udyrs r skill its useless because of his poor ap ratio's on his r and w the only good thing about r is that it makes you farm faster but other than that its prettymuch pointless to even put points into it

i'm a big udyr player and i never use udyrs r stance , i used to use it back when locket was still an item and such , but in todays game its pointless to put points into it

i start 1 cloth armor and 5 pots ( you can go boots 3 pots aswell but you'l need to port back to shop after your 1st gank than )1 point into tigerstance summoner spells smite and faster run buff
kill wolfs than kill blue golem , put one point into stun and gank a lane at lvl 2
than do the wolf camp again move onto ghost camp and red golem , put point into tygerstance and gank another lane
than do wat ever is left in the jungle put point in tiger at lvl 3 and gank a lane
etc etc etc

after lvl 3 you basicaly just lvl q -> w-> e
only put points into E if you have to chace so much its draining all your mana

As for items :udyr dus best with a ad build this gives him high burst from Q also 3 force is very good on him because of the burst increase from using skills and the fasterrunspeed on it
i usualy skip wriggels because udyr dusnt need the substain it provides in the jungle instead i either rush mandreds or a bloodthirster ( blood thirster gains AD when you kill champs and monsters/minions)

Udyr is a very mana hungry champion dont let this scare you into buying mana items specialy that mana sword thing it sucks , its ad bonus is to small once you buy it you ill have to grind to increase this weapons effectiveness to the same lvl of a pickaxe >_> this item totaly destroys udyrs strong low lvl tigerstance ganks sinds tigerstance's active scales ( VERYWELL) with AD

Broodlord03

06-17-2012

There are several ways to play Udyr. I'll try to separate them out and give you some tips. One of the things that makes Udyr amazing is his ability to adapt to each game, and to fill in the gaps in your team.

Jungle: Tiger.
You will have very good single Target dps. Ganks from Tiger stance are usually more effective because of the way Tiger frontloads its damage. You will clear kinda quick, but not as fast as Phoenix stance. Items, of course are cloth/5 pots into Wriggles. Note that this stance is very weak against any cc. You will never do real damage unless you get to your target and stick to them. Transition into Wits End, or if you are getting a good amount of kills, go for a Sheen. I always recommend tenacity boots so that you can get through the cc and close on your targets. Q,W,E is how you level your points.

Jungle: Phoenix.
Your AoE dps is very high with this stance. You can clear the jungle very quickly and gives you the opportunity to either gank more often or to counter jungle. It is worth noting that after you activate Phoenix stance, you can immediately change to Turtle and still get your AoE damage while having increased atk speed via your passive. When the cooldowns reset, go back to Phoenix, with shield intact and further boost your atk speed. Your ganks, while strong, aren't as deadly. Start cloth/5 and go to a Wits End.

I'll continue more later. That should get you started in the jungle though.

Solo Top.

This is where your Turtle stance will be leveled first.

Greenlee19

06-17-2012

im having the same issues only i would like to bot lane with udyr if all possible

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

In my experience I usually max turtle first for lane sustain. Depending on my team comp, If we have a bunch of burst single target dps I go Tiger. If its mostly AoE damage my team has I max Phoenix.

My build revolves around what my opponent is building, I see them goin sustain, I rush Lantern, I see them goin gold/10, I get philo/hog. I always start boots+3hps to give me max mobility with bear form.

skillpatrick

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
dont use udyrs r skill its useless because of his poor ap ratio's on his r and w the only good thing about r is that it makes you farm faster but other than that its prettymuch pointless to even put points into it

i'm a big udyr player and i never use udyrs r stance , i used to use it back when locket was still an item and such , but in todays game its pointless to put points into it

i start 1 cloth armor and 5 pots ( you can go boots 3 pots aswell but you'l need to port back to shop after your 1st gank than )1 point into tigerstance summoner spells smite and faster run buff
kill wolfs than kill blue golem , put one point into stun and gank a lane at lvl 2
than do the wolf camp again move onto ghost camp and red golem , put point into tygerstance and gank another lane
than do wat ever is left in the jungle put point in tiger at lvl 3 and gank a lane
etc etc etc

after lvl 3 you basicaly just lvl q -> w-> e
only put points into E if you have to chace so much its draining all your mana

As for items :udyr dus best with a ad build this gives him high burst from Q also 3 force is very good on him because of the burst increase from using skills and the fasterrunspeed on it
i usualy skip wriggels because udyr dusnt need the substain it provides in the jungle instead i either rush mandreds or a bloodthirster ( blood thirster gains AD when you kill champs and monsters/minions)

Udyr is a very mana hungry champion dont let this scare you into buying mana items specialy that mana sword thing it sucks , its ad bonus is to small once you buy it you ill have to grind to increase this weapons effectiveness to the same lvl of a pickaxe >_> this item totaly destroys udyrs strong low lvl tigerstance ganks sinds tigerstance's active scales ( VERYWELL) with AD
Although Jungling with Tiger stance is fine, this is extrodinarily misleading.
Using Pheonix stance is far from "pointless", Just because Turtle and Pheonix scale with AP, a thing you should almost never have on Udyr, does not mean that they dont scale well.
Both of these abilities take their usefullness from their active on hit effects, and as result increase in usefullness based on Attack Speed.

Catnium

06-18-2012

asuming we are talking about jungle here.

at lvl 2 you will have pheonix and bear ? how will you gank like that ? by the time your 3rd attack will land he'l have flashed or simply ran away
tigers upfront bleed burst makes your ganks at lvl 2 and 3 and 4 alot more powerfull and trust me when you just killed or assisted in killing 2 or 3 people the extra gold you make off that will be > than the gold you would have gotten from pheonix farming jungle and not ganking as much if at all.

about the scaling , if you buy a wriggels lanter than you wont get any damage increase on your pheonix stance's proc but you will get damage increase on tigersstance active proc thats why i sad thay scale poorly with your gear

like i sad i been playing udyr for a few years now i know wats wat and wat works better
and the sad part is that pheonix stance has become irrelevant after the jungle change patch.
i quite miss the fire tbh it looked awesome with the skin i got for him