A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Yes, we had the same QQ when Riot first enabled dodge penalties.
It was "omg trolls will just lock in clarity mundo!11".

But the game experience is overall better because of it, and I think this will have an equally positive effect overall.
I'm actually for reinstating the 10 Elo loss. That would keep the quality of the game high, but now trolls are more likely to lock in trollpicks than before, since it's easier to make others dodge now.

TB Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarRai View Post
Old way: He does that, and someone dodges, losing elo instead.
I haven't seen a queue dodge in ranked for a very, very long time. Now? I predict to see one at least once a queue, if not once every few.

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergosh View Post
I propose people act like adults. Its like anything else communicate before you pick champs so everyone knows what they are doing. That flushes out people who will only play one champ or one position. If you have two that only play mid then someone has to compromise. Don't just make a report function to punish people who end up fifth if the team doesn't communicate. Instead promote communication! Crazy!
This is ideal, but we all realize this is never going to happen in League of Legends. Mature play simply will not happen every game.

Many times, luck will strike and communication is a breeze, but we can't always have such things in a FTP game.

WTHavoK

06-17-2012

Let me know if I am alone, but i would much rather lose 12 elo than have to wait 30 minutes to play another game. This change decreases my urges to dodge queues. And I cannot remember the last time I have dodged a ranked queue, I usually stay regardless of how the team looks.

S0Stronk

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHavoK View Post
Let me know if I am alone, but i would much rather lose 12 elo than have to wait 30 minutes to play another game. This change decreases my urges to dodge queues. And I cannot remember the last time I have dodged a ranked queue, I usually stay regardless of how the team looks.
Your probably not alone, but Im not going to take constant troll picks. I know how immature people are in this community and Im certain troll picking is going to become common. Ill take the dodge, go sign into another account and play on that one until my dodge penalty is off my main.

Wasabi Kitty

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post

When it gets to his pick, he locks in Annie, instead of adapting to team
Implying he would have adapted to the team instead of picking a mid anyways with the old system.

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHavoK View Post
You really would rather take an Elo hit than wait to play another ranked game? I don't really understand the logic in that, but I'd be fairly accurate in saying that it's not echoed across a wide variety of the population, though I could be wrong. If I'm correct, ranked/normal queue timers aren't effected by the other.

TB Wolf

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi Kitty View Post
Implying he would have adapted to the team instead of picking a mid anyways with the old system.
He very well may have, considering it's less risky to do so in terms of Elo being what he's after.

llDeathCowll

06-17-2012

Guys..I'm pretty sure people are going to try to troll their own them now. Unlike before.....

Zehnstep

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi Kitty View Post
His point is that the trolls will be more bold for want of a better word as the punishment for dodging seems lighter, therefore there is a greater chance that others will dodge than there was under the old system.
I'm assuming the main reason for the change was to stop the recent increase in elo tanking - if it were really due to -10 elo not being an appropriate punishment this would have happened ages ago.
To me the best solution would be to keep the elo loss in order to dissuade queue dodging as much as possible but also add a very large timer to ranked only (say 12-24 hours) after a queue dodge to stop the elo dropping.

123456 ... 7