Respawn advantage too much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

I wonder if the respawn timer advantage that the losing team gets isn't a bit too much. Not by much, but a little. It just seems that almost every game that i've played recently, accounting for team comps and item builds, one team gets and holds an advantage leaving the score in the neighborhood of 400 to 250, and then the losing team just respawns too fast for the winning team to be able to compensate for. This normally swings it to about 100 to 230, at which the same thing happens again. So it ends up getting very close at the end, which is fun and makes it clutch each time, but I wonder if the respawn timer advantage doesn't have more to do with the wins than it should. Anyone else feel the same?

Phourc

06-16-2012

Time warp? The respawn timer caps out at +/- 2 seconds these days.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Time warp? The respawn timer caps out at +/- 2 seconds these days.
Are you sure? I mean, I haven't looked it up recently, but im pretty sure i've had respawn timers of both 25 seconds and like 15 seconds at late points in the game. Maybe I just caught one of the respawn waves with someone on the other one. because 10 seconds seems a pretty large number.

Risemix

06-17-2012

The max difference is 4 seconds, which doesn't sound like a lot. Thus, every time this thread pops up the same guys jump in to tell you about how much you're overreacting.

Reality: 4 seconds is an eternity, and is 4 seconds too much. The rubberbanding mechanics aren't OK just because they've been nerfed once or twice, they need to go. Late game champions have a big enough advantage as it is.

FDru

06-17-2012

The 4 second difference is not a big deal. It shouldn't kick in until there's a significant difference between the scores, though (pretty sure it kicks in if there's even a 1 point difference currently). But overall it's fine, and stomps still happen all of the time.

The bigger issue is the window where you respawn at the same time as the last person who died. It causes too many underserved comebacks from epic fails.

Phourc

06-17-2012

Yes, 4 seconds is excessive an probably should be removed but it's at least no longer the 10 second gap it was on launch... really isn't a big deal compared to the respawn system.

That thing has serious issues - if your team is down in points and your ally died at just the right time I think you can take at least half off your respawn timer.

Anyway, 90% of the games I see where serious leads turn into losses it's because the losing team got confident and played dumb. Remember Dominion has VERY limited snowballing, if the enemy suddenly remembers how to play halfway through the game they're still going to be quite able to kill you xP

Just stick to your basic dominion strategy (3 and D - don't die for point 4, build defense when appropriate, don't zerg a well defended point when you can go around) and you should be able to hold your lead. ^^

Videlicet Unus

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
The max difference is 4 seconds, which doesn't sound like a lot. Thus, every time this thread pops up the same guys jump in to tell you about how much you're overreacting.

Reality: 4 seconds is an eternity, and is 4 seconds too much. The rubberbanding mechanics aren't OK just because they've been nerfed once or twice, they need to go. Late game champions have a big enough advantage as it is.
I can't agree with you more. 4 seconds is WAY too much. IMO, there should be 0 handicap in all modes. How many times have you almost reached the enemy as they were about to cap? Every game. That turret damage is not something that any team should be rewarded simply because they got there sooner than they would have if they were ahead. I for one noticed as others point out, the sudden 400 - 250 ish score going to 150 - 250 ish score then turning around. It isn't fair at all. I'm sick and tired of these BS comebacks. Personally I HATE coming back from behind because my entire team gets to the node in contention more quidkly after 5v4 loss to kill the remaining defender before other team can get there. It's not rewarding, it's welfare. I have no sense of accomplishment and feel I didn't deserve the win. I don't want an advantage. I want to win ENTIRELY from the buttons all 10 players in the game press, and that alone. Same with summoners rift. Handicaps allow failure to succeed, and players' skills to remain where they are, now matter how "small" they appear to be. Reward our good plays, and let us suffer the consequences of our bad ones.

orx

08-25-2012

I agree. Don't penalize the early game champs for playing them correctly while simultaneously rewarding the late game champs with kills and caps they didn't deserve, allowing them to finish their builds more quickly and reaching the point where they have the advantage they already received by picking late game champ in the first place.

WaterD103

08-25-2012

The two problems is that only 1 point difference is too little, and the window times, the stupid window times.