[Udyr] Since Tiger Stance isn't that useful...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fELonius1

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
And it's great to do magic damage--Magic Resist is hard for non-tanks to justify.
Maybe at low ELO... I see an awful lot of non-tanks with banshees veil.

Covenant

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fELoniusz View Post
Maybe at low ELO... I see an awful lot of non-tanks with banshees veil.
I'm only level 17, so I haven't seen ranked play yet. But Banshee's Veil doesn't break anything.

Doesn't hurt Tiger too much--it hurts Phoenix much more, and on top of that, it hurts Bloodrazor too.

Afterall, Madred's does magic damage, just like the activate-power Tiger maul. People seem to forget that. If they're packing serious MR then your Bloodrazor+Phoenix combo won't be doing much added damage either, whereas your normal tiger strikes will still be penetrating their low armor, especially if you took the Black Cleaver, Stark's, or Ghostblade as your attack item--preferably the first, if you've got money to burn.

Anyway, it's all about if you build him as a soft carry/off tank or a support/off tank. Either way you should get plenty of defensive items, you just need to decide if you want to get full-on protection or if you want to throw an offensive item into there.

AMonkeyCourier

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0llslght View Post
i thought only his first attack of the 3 procs on hit effect...why is mared good?
qft

SynergyDreamer

08-26-2010

It's the 70% AS that counts, as well as the Active from the Tiger Stance. Derp.

Lazris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

Tiger activation plus sheen or TF with some AD items can do some decent damage. I personally like phoenix for the AoE. I don't like the 3 different hits. But the activation is good late game for trying to kill their carry after you have hit other stances and stunned/shielded.

concedes

08-26-2010

Tiger is awesome mid-late game, destroys turrets and makes jokes of squishies. I think the reason people seem to think Tiger stance/AD Udyr is fail is because they don't know what they're doing with him, investing too much in Tiger early when it's unnecessary and not beneficial.

Fokist

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fELoniusz View Post
You would be killing things with phoenix instead. Tiger is OK if you're building Udyr as a dps, but he's so much better built as an offtank.
kills on creeps with phnx yes, definitely not on heroes with no additional dmg from items building a tank and all. udyr as dps has so much more potential as a carry with a proper item set and dps build.

Sturmhard

08-27-2010

There is one fundamental issue here with tigerstance and Udyr.

The single most important thing Udyr needs early to mid-game is survivability. He needs armor and he needs magic resist, while farming up as much as possible in the jungle and in the lane. Usually the first item i get is banshees, armor as fit, boots and then saving up for even more armor and magic resist or maybe a starks.
But when you realize that you are not getting nuked very hard when in a teamfight or when enemies do not immediately focus you.....THEN im going to save up for the first BF-sword while starting to bring tiger to level 5.

The problem with almost every single Udyr i see in my games and the problem i had when trying glasscannon builds is that Udyr dies to fast.....turtle is not much of a buffer if you dont buy a single survivability item.

Its the same problem with trinity-udyrs....no armor, no resist and going down instantly when focused. I use tiger as a late game stance, which is absolutely situational. But the priority is always to make Udyr tanky before anything else.

Thats what people fail to realize and why they fail so hard most of the time......tiger is nothing for the early and mid-game. Its absolutely for late-game when you are already quite durable.

All the guides telling you different are usually written by some lvl 18 guy who can wtfpwn the noobs in beginner games with a dps-udyr but will fail pretty hard later on.

Dreamy Ray Flex

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
I suggest it be remade into Buffalo Stance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY&ob=av3e

**** thats pretty dope