I feel like picking is unbalanced in ranked.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acarnis

06-21-2012

<---agrees completely
Like the OP's idea.

ALtheeGreat

06-21-2012

Sounds logically correct.

Kio Coan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

I was thinking about it today. LOL

Upvote.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

06-21-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Great points. I'll add it to the things I'm looking at

ShooterDude

06-21-2012

I agree, it's always bothered me how the banning process always felt a little lop sided.

IGotCareless

06-21-2012

RiotNome is the most amazing Rioter ever. Not only is he working on fixing some problems with Twisted Treeline- He's also actively SEARCHING the forums for stuff to fix. Not just glancing, it seems like he is LOOKING for stuff to fix.
Basically- <3 Nome.

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Chargeeeeeeeeeeee =]

Pigslord

06-21-2012

I feel blue would be disadvantaged :
Blue picks
Purple counterpick
Blue Pick
Purple Counterpick
Blue Pick
Purple counyterpick

Clubbems

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigslord View Post
I feel blue would be disadvantaged :
Blue picks
Purple counterpick
Blue Pick
Purple Counterpick
Blue Pick
Purple counyterpick
The problem with that is that you fail to realize first pick is MASSIVE. You get to pick out whoever of the god tiers you didn't ban. Darius, Tryndamere, Singed, whoever you really want.

Also, ahmagawdriotnome.

Miserix

06-21-2012

I completely agree with Fluffum on this one. I play a lot of 3v3 (only few ranked games, hard to find friends who are willing to play ranked TT), and no matter what people say, there ARE champions that are just overpowered on 3v3. I know everyone has their counter, and you won't get 100% win rate with any champion, but regardless, some champions are just a lot better than others.

The way banning is now, it really does suck. I wasn't negatively impacted by it in the few ranked games that I played (mainly cuz we faced scrubs the first few games), but it's kind of scary to think of what higher ELO play would look like when you get purple team. Regardless of what Pigslord said above, being blue team with first pick/first ban will ALWAYS be an advantage in and of itself, giving you the power to pick your first core champion which you can structure a team around. Given that both lanes in 3v3 are going to be solo lanes, and you'll have one jungler (if you're doing it right), That gives you 3 very powerful positions that you can fill. And just because purple DOES get to counter-pick every champion if you trade-off picks 1 per team DOESN'T mean that blue is at a disadvantage. If blue comes up with a solid team-comp with good synergy, purple isn't just going to just be able to ruin it, unless you didn't ban the main counters to your strat. That's what bans are for, for banning out champions that you don't think your team composition can handle, or that you aren't ready as a team to play against. Just some thoughts.