Cho'gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argorlant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

I've been wondering, If I want to go jungle cho, should I build ap or on hit bruiser, like with a wit's end

Lolki

10-29-2012

Though I think Cho can work both ways, if you want to start as jungle then on hit brusier will speed things up for you. He clears a bit faster mid/late game as ap though. So really I think you can go both ways depending on your team comp.

Argorlant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

thanks lolki, I'll probably go as on hit bruiser because my teammates already have mage and bruiser checked

Zazaku

10-30-2012

If you're set on jungling, just build a RoA, frozen heart and whatever defensive items suit the enemy. Focus on disrupting the enemy rather than damaging them right out, you'll be focused more often than not, rather important you're up to ult their weak link.

Clemroc

10-30-2012

I love Cho and have been playing with him for a long while now. I can tell you right now, this wonderful champion can be played in many different ways, based on the runes you have available and your preferences.

Regarding 3v3 maps, you can play him more aggressive than on 5s. Basically, you will have two choices:
a) go for magic damage (AP) and magic pen, along with cooldown reduction,
b) go for a hybrid AP/Att speed, along with cooldown reduction.
This, of course, will be regarding runes and masteries.
As for the items, it will ALWAYS depend on the enemy composition. Of course, there are some staple items that your Cho will probably need.
One thing Ive learned, though, is to ALWAYS try to get enough cooldown reduction to spam your ult. With full 40% cdr, Cho's ult can be used every 36 SECONDS! That means you might be able to use it twice in a teamfight, if it drags long enough!!

So back to your question: Its up to you to decide if you want more AP or hybrid. Personally, I prefer hybrid for jungling. Nashors tooth will give you the much needed mana regen, slight ap, and att speed needed to jungle. If you take magic pen and/or armor pen runes/masteries, you'll jungle fast and easy, even without leveling your E too much.

What I really like to do is get about 20 armor pen and 20 magic pen, that way when I fight an enemy 1v1, I usually shred him (since autoattacks are phys, but the E passive has a huge magic).

Finally, you'll probably need a defensive item. If enemy has mixed damage, RoA is always a good option. Otherwise, abyssal scepter will provide magic resist against AP enemies (as well as a neat passive for your spells and E). Frozen heart can be useful, but after testing it, I think warden's is much more useful in 3v3. Wardens mail is cheaper, and will lower enemies att AND move speed if they hit you, while glacial shroud will provide some cdr, but the att-speed debuff only comes when you get FH. Additionally, when you get the randuins, you can use it to escape (or close in) by slowing your enemies!

Enjoy your Cho'Gath

Argorlant

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemroc View Post
I love Cho and have been playing with him for a long while now. I can tell you right now, this wonderful champion can be played in many different ways, based on the runes you have available and your preferences.

Regarding 3v3 maps, you can play him more aggressive than on 5s. Basically, you will have two choices:
a) go for magic damage (AP) and magic pen, along with cooldown reduction,
b) go for a hybrid AP/Att speed, along with cooldown reduction.
This, of course, will be regarding runes and masteries.
As for the items, it will ALWAYS depend on the enemy composition. Of course, there are some staple items that your Cho will probably need.
One thing Ive learned, though, is to ALWAYS try to get enough cooldown reduction to spam your ult. With full 40% cdr, Cho's ult can be used every 36 SECONDS! That means you might be able to use it twice in a teamfight, if it drags long enough!!

So back to your question: Its up to you to decide if you want more AP or hybrid. Personally, I prefer hybrid for jungling. Nashors tooth will give you the much needed mana regen, slight ap, and att speed needed to jungle. If you take magic pen and/or armor pen runes/masteries, you'll jungle fast and easy, even without leveling your E too much.

What I really like to do is get about 20 armor pen and 20 magic pen, that way when I fight an enemy 1v1, I usually shred him (since autoattacks are phys, but the E passive has a huge magic).

Finally, you'll probably need a defensive item. If enemy has mixed damage, RoA is always a good option. Otherwise, abyssal scepter will provide magic resist against AP enemies (as well as a neat passive for your spells and E). Frozen heart can be useful, but after testing it, I think warden's is much more useful in 3v3. Wardens mail is cheaper, and will lower enemies att AND move speed if they hit you, while glacial shroud will provide some cdr, but the att-speed debuff only comes when you get FH. Additionally, when you get the randuins, you can use it to escape (or close in) by slowing your enemies!

Enjoy your Cho'Gath
That was actually nice info, thanks a lot bro

Clemroc

10-30-2012

No problem, glad to help!
If you want I can show you my 2 rune pages/masteries for both defensive and offensive Cho
Cho'Gath carried me out of elo hell up to gold solo queu. Rarely lose lane with him in 5s!

Kaosovic

10-30-2012

building out to Nashors right away is good on cho, leveling his e to 2 is pretty much adequite. after that I switch to his w for the prolonged silence and aoe burst. The spikes deal good sustained dmg but what makes you scare as cho is how disabling and tanky you are.

Id buy boots + ats dagger. build that towards Nashors. After that get RoA. From there you if you are steam rolling keep on the ap side with a cap or if you are slowing down grab a frozen heart. You don't need to worry about the lantern as jungle cho as your spikes clean up quickly and the regen keeps you up. I wouldnt get the cap though if you are having trouble building your stacks. Without 6stacks you are squishy, so think about building towards sustain at that point.

One note though, rather than building out Nashors first, it can be good to get RoA because the ap/hp scaling happens once you itemize. more wait = less chance the item will max its stats by end of match.

However CDR is no joke on cho, so if you have Nashors by lvl 8 or something you are in good shape.

I run ats/ms runes on cho when I jungle/ Could run mpen / ms tho also. replacing ms with armor or cdr is fine to in quints.

Norticus36

10-30-2012

Its not for jungling, but how about a Rod of Ages, a Rylai's scepter, an overlord's bloodmail, a witchcap and a force of nature paired with armor or magic res boots?