Is this REALLY what I can expect from playing this game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fear ItseIf

06-17-2012

Add "Fear Itseif" in game if you need polite/decent people to play with. :3

Graphel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

I wanna play with you... May i? : D

Habimaru

06-18-2012

Sad as it may be the better times to be playing are during the mornings & day-time. Fridays & week-ends should generally be avoided as far as solo-queue match-making is concerned. The rude people are going to be more common during these times that I say to avoid playing (you could always stick with bots though... even I played mainly against Intermediate-level bots until L30 & I still play against them even now but I am skilled enough at this point to be able to hold my own in PVP as long as I'm with a decent team-composition... otherwise it's better for me to queue-dodge unless I want my win/loss ratio to drop to 1:1 due to weak team-compositions being near-guaranteed losing streaks).

For practice... I usually did a lot of custom-game-matches even against (unfair odds) for the purpose of further improving & developing my skills (unfair odds in terms of you, and ONLY you, versus 2 or 3 bots simultaneously or you and one or two bots on your team against a full team of five bots... I wish they'd award IP for winning against these "unfair odds" though). What I did was to basically max out all skills evenly in one game, then max out Q first in the next, then W first in the next, then E first in the next, that way, I could see which skills for which champions were better for minion-farming purposes & which ones worked better for champion-killing purposes. You will also want to practice with various item-combinations, too, due to the fact that some configurations are more optimum than others (and eventually you'll want to become familiar enough with what each item does to the point where you can adapt to different "builds" for various situations/circumstances).

Personally, I think there's something psychologically off or wrong with people who have the excessive PVP/competition mentality, and I generally prefer to stick with PVE games & modes rather than PVP (I main a co-operative not-focused-on-PVP MMORPG & LLegends is usually just for the Day Bonus IPs), mainly because I prefer to be around co-operative people than the argument-prone, amongst other reasons related to not wanting to interact with the psychological-instability of people who seem to be overly & excessively attracted to environments of fighting against & bullying others. Unfortunately, a lot of people in this world/universe turn everything into a religion, including sports, and the «sport» of hunting down others becomes as a crusade/pogrom/inquisition/holocaust/witch-hunt/etc.

Just to give you something to watch... look up ZeitGeist: Moving Forward
I am one of those people who prefers co-operative rather than competitive environments. People who prefer competitive rather than co-operative environments are to me simply people who've lost their rationality/sanity due to being infected by some sort of psychological/spiritual/mental/emotional-disease of aggression (a large reason why wars in this physical/material-world/universe continue to be perpetuated every generation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valha View Post
<postings related to how many of the community members are fail>
(Post-Tracking: Habimaru)

Abdelazar

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valha View Post
Well that leads me to the next question....when were all these cash shop things like xp and ip boost put in? B/C my mentality on it was "i'm maybe not doing as good b/c i'm a lower level and need the rune slots and masteries to be equivical, so i NEED to buy the boosts". As a result I'm a lvl 26 with maybe 60-70 games under my belt in true pvp, and 42 or so of those as wins.

Someone posted that with my record what it was for win to loss ratio over the last 10, i must be contributing to some degree......but i have to admit there have DEFINATELY been games where one player on our team is carrying the whole lot of us. It just makes me wonder...how are they that much better at this when I'm the same level they are, which would by logic dictate they've played an equivical amount of games as me?
Yay you cited me. XD

Anyways, to your question. I'm actually much lower level than you (about 10,000 xp lower), but I have almost 100 pvp games.

So when you see someone carry the whole team, it is probably either

a) a coop vs ai game where people don't take things as seriously and a lot of people are trying out new champions (If you're talking about pvp games, disregard this)

b) the person plays a lot more pvp and thus has more experience than you

c) or (this is the most likely scenario), the person got started on a good foot with first blood or something and snowballed from there. Everybody has good games and bad games. There are times where I'll go 15/4 and times when I go 4/15.

About the boosts, idk if they're that necessary. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Galazan

06-18-2012

Yeah I know where you're at. I'm one of the few oldest players who still remember Ryze's old ultimate that was overpowered killing everything in a 1v5, beta days... <3. Anyways, the game's community has changed for what I believe is the worse because of smurfs. Smurfs are people who have a level 30 account, and they want to stomp or dominate in games against lower level players, thus they need to make a new account to do so. Also, people that are the same level and that carry most likely have played that champion from the start, since they started at level 1, are a smurf account and "main" that champion on their level 30 account. You really just have to deal with them, if they do get on your nerves you can report them for harassment or verbal abuse if they are being really mean. Or you can just /mute all, or press tab and click the speech bubble next to every champion or just certain ones and that will ignore/mute them.