Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Queues - Someone Educate Newbies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xX Doubt Xx

06-16-2012

I have played league of legends for a LONG time, about 3 weeks before swains release i made my account and had my first game. Anyways, what this thread is about is the lack and need of a system or place for newbs to learn the rules and workings of ranked queue, mainly solo/duo as its where the problems lie.

Now, a lot of people arent accepting that solo/duo queue is still run on an ELO skill level placement system. Being that if your in the 900s and the lowest guy has elo 950 and max has 999 and yours is 978, odds are your going to be 2nd or 3rd pick...maybe even 4th if your unlucky.

I have played a few ranked games today and always, without fail, the last picks, slots 4 and 5, are calling lanes. Personally, i stil believe the lower spot you are, the less choice you have. the reason people are above you in the placement in solo/duo is not by chance, its simply because they have better win rates, not saying anyone is worse than anyone else because all of us have bad games some times. What im getting at is the fact that people who are at the top, are losing ELO because of people who refuse to accept that they are the final pick and have to fill space. Let me give you a scenario

Team 1.
A. Wukong Top
B. Vayne bot
C (me) Skarner Jungle
D. Kennen mid
E. Sion.

Correct me if im wrong, but the system works like this: Top does bans and picks over all other spots. 2, 3 and sometimes 4 sort out the remaining lanes amongst each other. And 5th spot is the space filler. In the other case, if 4 and 5 pick at the same time, they should work out whos better at which of the remaining lanes, instead of someone instalocking and throwing out the team composition. Another example of this was last weeks game on June 10th. Darius Top, Fizz Mid, Warwick Jungle, Ezreal bot and Kassadin....Kassadin wanted mid despite the fact that the top 2 spots, darius and fizz, picked simultaniously. as a result, we lost horribly...

In the above list, Player E refuses to support, so he insists on picking sion and going mid vs the enemy mid. As a result he instalocks sion and we are left at pretty much a 4v5 scenario. All because someone didnt like they were last pick.

Scenarios like this one are happening too often and breaking peoples perfect win rates... (akali 7-0 till i got trolled by a sona who sold all her items for wards and sat in base X( uncool...)
But more importantly, its keep people and pushing people back down into the "Elo Hell"
bracket of 900-1100 where there is a 70% chance someone is going to QQ because they dont get their lane.

Apologies if this is a Q-Q thread but stuff like this needs to get fixed or someone needs to sort out the players who wreck the system for the rest of us, who just want to play ranked properly...

Hi Im Derrick

06-16-2012

dude all i can say is....

stuff happend...

I'm supposed to be 1100 elo player, not good but better than the 800 im stuck at. I main jungle maokai and am doing well at it. When I used to jungle J4 my team went 15/0 at the end of laning... and we lost simply becuase they refused to push at all... Just keep at it and if you truely dont belong in that elo you'll slowly work your way up.

xX Doubt Xx

06-17-2012

Funny thing though, when i get 3 wins in a row during a session, i get 4 trolls straight after...

Swooshter

06-17-2012

Quote:
Baptist95:
dude all i can say is....

stuff happend...

I'm supposed to be 1100 elo player, not good but better than the 800 im stuck at. I main jungle maokai and am doing well at it. When I used to jungle J4 my team went 15/0 at the end of laning... and we lost simply becuase they refused to push at all... Just keep at it and if you truely dont belong in that elo you'll slowly work your way up.

Why would you have 15 kills as a jungle? When I jungle, I rarely go over 5 kills, but have alot of assists. Those kills should be going to your carry/mid.

Fiddelstacks

06-17-2012

I really like posts that have "I'm suppose" or "I should be" in them.
Entitled gamers OP.

Selcopa

06-17-2012

Pretty sure on my smurf i havent had a single game where players didnt rage.

Also there is no "I'm supposed to be at x" no, you arent, what you see is that when you were at x, you saw mistakes that they were making that you werent, but you didnt realize that you were making mistakes that they werent making. And more often.

It really doesnt matter what your team does, at that low of elo you just walk around and killing them so easily then take objectives that your team can just do whatever and you'll still win

xX Doubt Xx

06-23-2012

Try telling that to an AD swain that i had before servers died on me...